Re: Adam Winrich style whip

Jyri - I have always been impressed of your concho's - I love that mirror you can make in them

Today is a good day

Jyri, that is a beautiful knot.

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.

Jyri, the heel knot and poncho are a striking combination - well done!

Why did she fall? Her mass distorted space-time to produce the effect we know as gravity...

Autocorrectasaurus got me... Concho, not poncho. And how is it that "autocorrectasaurus" is left alone?!?

Why did she fall? Her mass distorted space-time to produce the effect we know as gravity...

Jyri, the heel knot and poncho are a striking combination - well done!

Thank you!

Done!
Pics are in my whip thread!

https://i.imgur.com/fKX1eXx.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/SKSWN4a.jpg

Here is another one with this style.

This time i used steel rod as the handle.
Some thinking about this style:
I think that as the strands go lenghtwise and they are not bound they condense as you plait and you dont have to pull as hard when you plait. As they are pressed down they want to push outwards and that way they keep the plaiting tight.
I tryed to plait as hard as i usually do but that section came out way too stiff even that there is no binding under this belly.

Jyri - I sound like you are close to an explanation on the "loose plating" smile

Today is a good day

I don’t quite understand the push outwards when pressed down part, but I‘m not into plaiting and whipmaking details. But I‘d like to see a video of Jyri-made Winrich-style whip in action smile

Wolfgang, it would be much easier to explain it to you in Finnish but it would be much harder for you to understand it big_smile
You squeeze something, like a sponge, as you let go it goes to its original size and shape.
When i bind my cores the sponginess goes away as i bind it and drive all the movement out from the cord.
When the cords aren't binded, just compressed by the plaiting it feels like the strands has this effect inside the plaiting.

Thank you Jyri this makes it clearer! Seems to be an interesting experiment for sure smile

Nicely done.  I like the two different sizes, and I love the polish on that brass.

To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.