Topic: Another prototype!

I have had this weird idea in the back of my head about falls.

Making falls from 550 is pretty easy by sometimes i feel like i want to tinker with them more than just put two 550 inside each others.

I habe tryed to put 275 cords inside the two 550 but i havent felt any big change with them.

Leather falls really please my eye as they taper towards the end and i have been thinking about a way to do it with nylon.

https://i.imgur.com/G69BBP8.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/EUZ9ArC.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/kkuoGZQ.jpg

I plaited this very loosely as i didnt want it to become too stiff.

I was very suprised how much louder my stockwhip got with this.

Problems i noticed was that it is strechy wich could be caused from the loose plaiting.

I try to make next one with tighter plaiting and i even try to wax it as well.

This might sound like a lot of work for a part wich is replaceable but all of this time i have been making and cracking whips i have never had to replace a fall.

What do you think?

Re: Another prototype!

Very interesting Jyri.
You might look into a twisted tapered fall like Rachel makes on some of hers.

Being replaceable I have found that you can change length or design to help match
what kind of cracking you are trying to do.
Like cracking routines to targeting and such. Customizing the utility of a single whip to that of different styles of performance not found with a permanent fall.

Ron

I ordered a chicken and an egg from Amazon.
I'll let you know.

Looks very interesting Jyri. Ron, I had the same thought, how 'bout a TT fall.
I feel like I must try this also Jyri, thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Sven

-Junior, I didn't know you could fly a plane?
-Fly yes..., land no.

Ron i tryed to make tt cores and fall but i failed big_smile

I usually just find the right lenght and go with it.

Jyri, I think I've mentioned somewhere before that I have several nylon whips with whitehide falls. That combination seems to work well.

'Less is often more!'

Jyri, I also like the idea of a tapered fall. I've never tried to plait one, though, but this looks pretty good.  It took me several attempts to get right but the TT fall has worked out well for me. I still do regular falls and weighted falls on some whips and have even done a weighted TT fall. I might have to try the plaited fall sometime.

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.

This is very interesting, especially the fact that the whip got louder with the tapered fall. I wonder if it's allowing for a more efficient rolling loop?

Yeah, that's awful close, but that's not why I'm so hard done by...

Scott, I think it could be that it adds a little more mass at the point of maximum acceleration utilizing the accumulated energy at the right time, providing a louder crack.
Or not. smile

Ron

I ordered a chicken and an egg from Amazon.
I'll let you know.

Ron May wrote:

Scott, I think it could be that it adds a little more mass at the point of maximum acceleration utilizing the accumulated energy at the right time, providing a louder crack.
Or not. smile

Ron

Sounds spot on to me.
big_smile

Taper it all.  The Shane's tail is not one size all the way down... It tapers.  Tapered fall, tapered cracker... Really cool, Jyri!

Inch by inch.

*snake Not Shane.  sad

Inch by inch.

That looks really cool Jyri!  Have you tried tapered crackers yet?  I'd be curious to see if the tapered cracker with the tapered fall made a difference too.

Yaprimascharif, Yahasanna Hadisany, elafinas tabachu, Dari chalemy elasin!

Tyler, i tryed this with the long tapered cracker with that changable fluffy part and it worked. I make a new set of those when i have time and post more then!

I think I'm going to have to try some tapered crackers!  smile

'Less is often more!'

I really like the idea and the look of a plaited fall. I was looking at 275 cord at the store yesterday and thought of this very post. Iā€™m going to have to try this very soon.
Great work Jyri!
Post pictures of the tapered cracker if you make one.

Thaks!

Nathan already done that! big_smile

http://www.whip-basics.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=6752