Great photos, Jessie! They really show off the whip very well.  smile

'Less is often more!'

Re: The "Making of" Gallery - Jessie Edwards

My favorite yet, perfectly done!!!

Inch by inch.

Very cool looking whip Jessie.

Ron

I ordered a chicken and an egg from Amazon.
I'll let you know.

Thank you!

I am going to start on a short whip next.  I want to work on my taper twist and I have a 6" handle here that I covered in hornet nest paper.  It isn't looking like much at the moment.  knot foundations and what nots need to happen, but the important part is done.  I'm using up leftover bits, which is why it's so short.

https://i.imgur.com/lOY0rTQ.jpg

Not tonight though.  It's midnight and I just finished my homework for the week after a 9 hour marathon.  tomorrow is my last "freeish" day before we move the MIL on Saturday.

If you fall, I'll be there.
                            ~Floor

Jessie, that handle is absolutely unique, and also very attractive. (These two qualities don't always go together!)

With a 6-inch handle, will you go for a thong in region of 5 to 6 feet? (I think the length will depend more on the weight of the handle, than its length. I have a fairly heavy 8-foot David Morgan roohide whip with a 6-inch handle - not a typical Morgan whip at all. I love it.)

Your handle looks very light-weight - but looks can deceive!

'Less is often more!'

I think it looks cool. Especially considering what it's covered with.
Totally unique.

Ron

I'll let you know.

I agree with Robert - I like the two-toned knots on that whip very much. Nice work!

Yeah, that's awful close, but that's not why I'm so hard done by...

Hi everyone,

I finished the wasp nest whip.  The handle is covered with the paper from a wasp nest (a winter nest and it was empty.  In the spring, the birds will tear them apart to make their nests, so it was dead and no wasps were deemed homeless in the making of this whip). There are several layers of epoxy to protect the very delicate paper.  It is 7 feet from the end of the handle to the end of the taper twist and yes, it is pink.  Girly girls love whip cracking too.  This will only be my third taper twist, so it’s still a learning curve, but I love them.  I was thinking about the fall knot and how it can be a little confusing for a new whip owner and also, how it disrupts the aerodynamics of the transition from the taper to the fall.  What if the taper was truly a taper to the end? 

It was then that I ended the taper with an English eye and reinforced the joining, as I have always done with my falls, with invisible thread.  I have an idea to protect this further, keeping the taper twist from being damaged even more, which I will explore on the next whip.  Here is the twist-to-fall joint:
https://i.imgur.com/7bzYpdD.jpg

Frankly, I love it.  It cracks with the ease of a well worn whip even though it is brand new.  The entire design is really quite good straight out of the gate and I love it so much, I will be  changing my practice whips completely, utilizing this design.  It’s so easy for new whip users to change falls and crackers and it changes the entire feel of the whip for the better so much, I’m keeping it. 

The Wasp whip:
https://imgur.com/a/4o5imRK

~Floor

Very nice, Jessie, The twisted taper looks great, I especially like the way you ended it. The handle is really cool as well, too bad you didn't kill any of those nasty wasps, though.

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.

I love that last photo, Jessie. That's a really nice looking heel knot!

Yeah, that's awful close, but that's not why I'm so hard done by...

Thanks. My teenage daughter is going through vegan stage.  I am well aware of what can outrage a group of people though the minor outrages of a hormonal teen. I know she will grow out of it; however, I have seen people who don’t.  Wasp Lives Matter will be the next awareness march if I don’t make it clear that no one died, right out of the gate.

~Floor

Ah, the joys of living with a teenager. Hang in there, it'll be worth it.

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.

Very nicely done Jessie.
What do you have in the heel?

Ron

I'll let you know.

Absolutely beautiful!

Inch by inch.

It’s a flower cabochon set in a silver base.

~Floor

That’s a nice looking whip Jessie. I love the creativity and ingenuity that went into making that handle, very cool.

Very nice one Jessie!