Topic: question

my first question here guys, try not to fall out of your chairs laughing  hard.

I made a 3' - 12 plat snake whip as per a Nick Schrader   video
If I take that whip, and use it as the belly for a six ft whip
is that advisable? 

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=yo … ;FORM=VIRE

Cogito ergo celavit porto

Re: question

Brian, several of us have that same whip from Nick's videos. Put it up somewhere to look at occasionally and see how much you improved. It won't be a very good foundation for a longer whip.

"Gee, Brain, what do you wanna do today?" -Pinky

I agree with Mark.

Ron

I may not be that funny or athletic or good looking or smart or talented... I forgot where I was going with this.

Ron, that's because it is advice I received from you not too long ago.

"Gee, Brain, what do you wanna do today?" -Pinky

Somehow it sounds better coming from you. smile

Ron

I may not be that funny or athletic or good looking or smart or talented... I forgot where I was going with this.

Yup, i agree with Ron and Mark. Weight and stiffness is a lot different with snakes than bulls.
However making it a cow whip might be different story, but i have never tryed it.

Having old productions around is a idea wich really works. It gives you great pleasure to see your work getting better and better.

In short, no. It would be challenging to avoid a bid kink/drop-off where the snakewhip ends inside.

Whether you can or you can't you are probably right.

I'd agree with the advise here, it's always good to have something you first made to look back on, see how far you have come smile

Also, just a gentle reminder from the OCD side of me that likes everything neat and ordered and in its place tongue This section of the forum is for discussing the Whip Basics videos on whip cracking, there might be a better place to post further questions regarding the construction of whips. Don't mind me though, these kind people don't bite if something is posted in the wrong place, and I am just a stickler for everything in its place, and a place for everything lol

The best rule breakers are those who first gain an intimate understanding of the rules they wish to break.