Re: The "Making of" Gallery - Tyler Blake

Tyler, great work. The whips look fantastic.   I like the fancy plaiting on the handle and the colour combination on your newest work. White, black and especially the red highlights look awesome together smile

Absolutely beautiful, Tyler!!!  You have been very busy wink  Elegant as always!

Inch by inch.

These are great Tyler (though I don't especially care for the pink). The black and white is stunning!

After Rachels latest pictures and now this I am even more curious, how a stockwhip feels like / cracks. I assume these work especially well with things like overhead figure8. And of course they look really beautiful.
One day I gotta have one of those. wink

I think, Tyler should bear the name of "Pattern King". I mean...look at his "Bele and Lokai" twin whips. Not only complicated and perfect (!) plaiting, but the same thing twice - and mirrored! And now those beauties. I am with Robert, when he says that he's not a huge fan of pink. But - tastes are different, right?

And as I always use to say: One reads Tolstoi's "War and Piece" and sees it as some simple adventure story. The other one reads something from Lao Tse on the paper of a chewing gum and the universe reveals its secrets to him.

For most people, pink won't be the color of choice. But for somebody this will be a dream that became true. Great work, Tyler. I'm really happy to see these from your hands, because your drawings became so good, that I was frightened you could stop whip making. But I told you that already  smile

Robby

I have a screwdriver. I am Legend...

Absolutely beautiful.

Thanks so much Nadine, Rachel, Robert, Wolfgang, Robby, and Georg! 

Robert, would you believe that is actually crimson?  Partly I was surprised when I saw the crimson color, and partly I think it's a case of digital color warping.  In person it looks like it has a lot of gray in it.

Wolfgang, a stockwhip certainly feels different than a bullwhip, I don't say one is better but rather it's a matter of preference.  I personally prefer a long handled bullwhip, I feel that they flow more smoothly, but stockwhips change directions like nobody's business.  Arrowhead patterns are good for these, and also you're correct about the overhead figure 8. smile

Robby, I thank you for the compliments on my plaiting and my art, but I'm ot going to stop making whips smile  I think I will suspend my order book for awhile, because I am booked into 2020!  yikes  It's true that art is my first love before whips, but I love making whips too.  My grand scheme is definitely to get to the point where I can make a living with my art, and continue to do whips on the side as I have been for all these years - I'm not going anywhere Pardner! big_smile

Yaprimascharif, Yahasanna Hadisany, elafinas tabachu, Dari chalemy elasin!

Good to hear, Tyler. Don't want to lose you as a whip maker. This pair are lovely, great patternwork.

One, two, three... "WOOF!"

2020...? That‘s a lot of orders. Congratulations, Tyler. I remember our first contact, long years ago. Since then you asked me for advice. Now you are booked out for years. That‘s what I call a success. And - good to know that you will stay with us, Pardner wink

Robby

I have a screwdriver. I am Legend...

Booked into 2020? That's a pretty good problem to have!! wink Congratulations on the growth of your business, Tyler!

Yeah, that's awful close, but that's not why I'm so hard done by...

Whoa thats a long line big_smile

Thanks y'all!  A lot of that is that I allow a more realistic time in my order book for how long it's going to take to finish, and I leave blank spots when I know I'm going to busy with art or family stuff, and for experimenting with new designs.  For every custom order I allow one month on my schedule, I used to try and schedule 3 or 4 a month and I was always way behind.

Yaprimascharif, Yahasanna Hadisany, elafinas tabachu, Dari chalemy elasin!