Topic: A long one

Just started the second belly on this 14. I have a loooong way to go. This thing is eating up a bunch of cord

http://i1341.photobucket.com/albums/o760/47royboy/DBED19C4-2521-44E4-AF5F-57E7D0684770_zps1mbqwpkk.jpg

He died for me, I'll live for him

Re: A long one

Are you anywhere near the end yet? tongue

You don't need a parachute to go skydiving, but you do if you want to do it twice.

Roy, I've made a 12 footer before and thought I was never going to get to the end. And to be honest, I can hardly crack it, it's so long and heavy. Good luck with this one.

Wow that's a very long one!  Lots of plaiting to do!!!  The dogs are watching.... wink

Inch by inch.

Is the thong 14' plus the handle length?
That would be a monster.

Ron

I heard the other day that Starbucks was going to start selling cocktails along with beer and wine.
They found that it's getting harder and harder to get sober people to pay $12 for a cup of coffee.

Whoa.  I hope we get to see it go when its done, yeah?

If you fall, I'll be there.
                            ~Floor

Splendid, Roy! I'm quite envious of the new owner....

(Your watching dogs always make me smile! What helpful dogs!  smile  )

This was posted back at the start of 2016 lol I swear I remember Roy posting progress updates a while ago about this tongue

Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Sparky I didn't even look at the date. Long before I got here.

lol Ya, I was wondering if he is close to completion yet! The longest thong I have plaited is 6'.

You don't need a parachute to go skydiving, but you do if you want to do it twice.

This won' be Roy's first 14-footer. I/m sure he knows what he's let himself in for!  tongue

Hi everybody. I don’t know what happened to the rest of this build, but yes it was completed and shipped off. I remember making a video cracking this one. Will see if I can dig it up.

Ron, the thong is 14’ plus a 16” handle.

Mr Robert, not my first but I definitely haven’t made many. 12 footers are what I make most often

Found the video, but can’t find anymore pics. Here it is
https://youtu.be/3bDDH7n3hQ4

That's great, Roy! Thanks! (I think I've seen this before, so you must have posted it when the whip was finished.)

That's a monster for sure.
Thanks Roy

Ron

I heard the other day that Starbucks was going to start selling cocktails along with beer and wine.
They found that it's getting harder and harder to get sober people to pay $12 for a cup of coffee.

Cool Roy! Thanks for taking the time to find that.

Roy, I don't know how you can crack that, the 12 footer i made is too much for me. Nice work.

That's quite a whip. Nice work, Roy.

Yeah, that's awful close, but that's not why I'm so hard done by...

You look so composed there, Roy. Timing is so crucial when using a long whip, everything is done much more slowly and you show that really well.

One, two, three... "WOOF!"

Thank you all. I am much more confident cracking a 14' than say a 6'. Long heavy whips feel like an extension of my arm.
Mark, I just get them moving in the right direction and then let the whip do the work.