Re: What exactly is it called?

People are ignorant and arrogant, in unison, in such concentrations that they decide that a whip is a sex toy. They don't bother to ask whether it is, or do any research. They decide that it is.

Those people will never own one of my whips. I first thought it was a little "high-horsed" of Rhett Kelley to deny his whips to BDSM clients, but now I understand. The only people who deserve to own whips are the ones who understand what they're supposed to be used for.

It's a little like refusing to sell a gun to anyone who hasn't taken a training course. If you're stupid, you can't have one.

I would see it as a safety issue for someone in that.. Area of interest... To have a kind of whip I have made.  A person not careful could be hurt with it.  Liability, safety issue.  No way....

Inch by inch.

Rachel isn't kidding. A real whip may not be made for combat, but is still capable of severe lacerations and broken bones. BDSM folks don't understand what they're getting into. 1400fps+ is what they're getting into. At that velocity, a whip can shear a soda can so cleanly in half that the wielder can drink the soda from the bottom half.

And they don't -not even once- recognize that this might be somewhat detrimental to BARE FLESH?

Weep for them, for they do not know.

Funny thing is that the people who laugh at their own "jokes" about whips and sex toys are ignorant on both supersonic whips and BDSM.

I've been asked a couple times by people who are into BDSM if I could custom make a whip for that. I've declined. Not because I see anything wrong with consenting adults using their imaginations, just because it's not my thing and therefore I can't be sure how to build tools for it. I don't want people getting hurt for something I didn't know how to do properly. But the thing is, these conversations with these people never include any stupid giggling or jokes -- and I don't have to explain everything like I'm talking to a child. These people acknowledge my argument, maybe compliment my sense of responsibility, and then we're seamlessly back in a conversation about current events and why modern pop culture is fundamentally broken or whatever.

The people who know absolutely nothing of any sorts of whips for any sort of purpose are the annoying ones.

- Pokkis

...because it's not my thing and therefore I can't be sure how to build tools for it. I don't want people getting hurt for something I didn't know how to do properly. -Pokkis

Exactly what I mean, people get to choose how they live their lives wether I agree or not- because I want that same freedom, to get to choose how I live my life.  That's what I've found is its the people who know nothing at all of whips who know everything- therefore they are the ones who make all the funny (not) jokes.

Inch by inch.

Right?

Sometimes I hear the quest "Who you hit with the Whip?". My answer ist regular "This is your bad mind, please keep it by your self!"  This played the ball of imputation to the other.
A further Argumentation is:
"If I want hit somebody, I would buy a woody club for 5 bucks in the General store and not a Whip for a few hundred Euro."

I know this is a rather old thread, but I personally call a "whip cracker" a whip handler. It sounds professional yet simple.

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious."
- Albert Einstein

Yes an old thread.  It is sad to see how many of these people who posted are no longer around, either by their choice or actions.  We are a stronger community though, despite loosing people over the years.

Here's wishing you find time for the things you want to do, and for the things you need to do.
We see ourselves in our children and hope for a better future.