Re: The "Making of" Gallery - Giovanni Celeste

Very, very nice, Gio! I love the colour!

'Less is often more!'

Beatiful Gio! I really love that heel knot!
What is double core?

I love it, looks fantastic.

Thank you All!!
Glad and proud you like it.
As I wrote i make this whip for him becouse he'll try to attempt a new whip record with a 6ft whip.
He ask me a whip with more leverage.
This is what he wrote to me :
I need a 6-foot bullwhip, light and tight, at least 12-plait. Everything else about it is up to you. It needs to spring back into position to crack again very quickly. I want to be able to do a series of Circus Cracks fast. This means I do not want to have to wait for the whip to reset between cracks. Is this understandable?

For this reason I developed a double core as inner core.
In other words over the handle there are two leather core and than the standard construction with belly, bolster etc..

"Perfection has to be sought never reached. This is the only way to inspire and motivate creativity".               www.giovanniceleste.it

Hello my Friends
This are the first pics of a new model that i developed.
It's call LONG CROP WHIP
The idea behind it was to make a whip starting from the shape of a riding crop and make a whip that reminiscent a riding crop with a continuous taper right from the handle
For the same reason this time I've chosen only the harringbone pattern
According to my opinion the continuous pattern definitely adds simple yet beautiful aesthetics. It should allow the flexibility of the handle.
I hope you like it
Thanks in advance
Gio

Features:
16 plt 8ft cherry kangaroo leather dyed by hand
Flexible and tapered handle 40cm long.
Very short shot bag.
Leather core two bellies and two bolsters.
Very Fast whip.

http://giovanniceleste.it/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/Target-whip-8ft-teflon-handle-5.jpg
http://giovanniceleste.it/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/Target-whip-8ft-teflon-handle-1.jpg
http://giovanniceleste.it/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/Target-whip-8ft-teflon-handle-6.jpg
http://giovanniceleste.it/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/Target-whip-8ft-teflon-handle-7.jpg
http://giovanniceleste.it/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/Target-whip-8ft-teflon-handle-4.jpg
http://giovanniceleste.it/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/Target-whip-8ft-teflon-handle-3.jpg

"Perfection has to be sought never reached. This is the only way to inspire and motivate creativity".               www.giovanniceleste.it

Looks very nice, thank you that you show this beautiful whip to us

Gio, that does indeed look fast! Beautiful work, as ever....

'Less is often more!'

Sweet! Love that color and the continuous taper from the heel is very sleek.

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

That heel knot... wink love it! 
The who thing speaks of elegance and grace. Fast and sharp in looks and movement, well done, my friend!

Inch by inch.

Nicely done Gio.

Ron

As I have grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Very pretty whip, Gio.  Your work is always so lovely.

If you fall, I'll be there.
                            ~Floor

I love those straight lines and the long handle. My fingers are itching to try it smile

How does the silver ferrule just beside the heel knot works ?

Hello my friends, thanks so much for your kind and lovely words.
I'm so really glad you like it.
Re. The ferrule down on the heel knot doesn't disturb the handling of the whip.
It's always an option and if you want you can always remove it simply cutting or untying the little gaucho knot.
Thanks again
Gio

It is beatiful Gio!

Gio, I would not have thought that I would have liked that color of leather, but I do. Your work is beautiful and I very much like the looks of the ferrule and gaucho knot.   Well done!

Yeah, that's awful close, but that's not why I'm so hard done by...

Gio - making the ferrule removable is a splendid idea. Just like I would have expected from you smile

Very cool Gio! What did you use for the handle material?

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious."
- Albert Einstein

Hello All,
Thanks again for your compliments...
Re material for the handle I use the Teflon 8mm diameter.
The teflon is the same material used by Swaine Adeney Briggs for their modern riding crop.
You can flex it whatever you want and it doesn't break!

Beautiful work, Mr. Celeste!

All the best
Ben

Many thanks Ben!
Glad you like it!