Topic: Just got the 4 set of DVDs

I just got the 4 set of DVDs in the mail yesterday. I've only watched the first one so far. The way Robert Amper teaches is absolutely amazing and gentle. I am so happy to have ordered them. I plan on working on the techniques in volume one and become very comfortable with them before going to the next one.

Re: Just got the 4 set of DVDs

Yeah, he does a good job.  Have fun!

If you fall, I'll be there.
                            ~Floor

Paul, he sure does. He explains it in a very understandable way, no nonsense, just what it is.
Congratulations on your purchase and good luck training. I can also recommend the 2020 section.
But it all comes down to having fun. So,... have fun.

The difference between men and boys
is the price of their toys.

Congratulations, and when you feel ready, there is the 20/20 challenge to participate in if you like!

Inch by inch.

Haveyfun amd look at them over and over. I think there is something newto explore every time

Paul, I would advise to master or at least get comfortable with just one crack at a time before moving on to the next one , rinse lather repeat, to positively progress you toward improving your skills one crack at a time.

Ron

I sent that 'Ancestry' site some information on my family tree.
They sent me back a pack of seeds and suggested that I just start over.

Paul, I want to second what Ron says about learning one crack at a time. You need to build up 'muscle memory', as well as carrying the movements in your head. That doesn't happen overnight! But congratulations on acquiring this wonderful set of DVDs!

Thank you very much for everyone for the advice. I do plan on learning one technique at a time. Otherwise I would get frustrated, I've already learned that the hard way. Thankfully my videos were showed to Robert Amper, and he wirh some help from the lady Jessica made me a video full of helpful tips and showed me what I was doing wrong.  However the weather here isn't good for working with the whip. Hopefully in a few days it will dry up and I'll be able to get some practice in.

Paul try using just a stick or rod or what ever resembles a handle when you can't actually use a virtual whip.

It's called the "Stick of Death" because it kills all the excuses for not practicing when the conditions won't allow.

Ron

I sent that 'Ancestry' site some information on my family tree.
They sent me back a pack of seeds and suggested that I just start over.

I know that it is tempting to get on and try all those cracks. But Ron and Robert are right. It‘s exactly the same as what I‘m sayin‘ in my Nunchaku Basics Tutorial: At least two weeks for one technique. Then add the next one. That will give you a more than stabile foundation. The more patience you  you have know, the better your skills as a whip handler will be.

Robby

I have a screwdriver. I am Legend...

Good choice on ordering the dvd's Paul!  The other good reason for doing one at a time is that Robby teaches them in an order where the new crack builds on something you learned on the last one.  That's one reason he is LEGEND! tongue

Yaprimascharif, Yahasanna Hadisany, elafinas tabachu, Dari chalemy elasin!

Paul, in my opinion there is no better whipcracking tutorial out there than the WB DVD's!
Before I bought my WB DVD's, making whipcracking progress had taken me forever and I did hit myself with the thong accidentally quiet often.
Both of that changed after following the instructions/advise of the WB DVD's!

All the best
Ben