Re: Tapered Rod Stocks (Thanks to Scott~)

I've just seen this thread for the first time (so easy to miss new threads sometimes). Sparky, these are fabtastic. How close to completion are you?

One, two, three... "WOOF!"

They look extremely tasty, I can't wait to see them finished!

'Sic Parvis Magna'

Hey everyone! Thank you for the compliments!~ I apologise for not coming on much in the last month, it has been insane with study.

I'll try get an image of them as of at the moment when I finish my last exam, but for now, here's a little stupid video I recorded while I was at Sydney tongue

https://youtu.be/VetswJYqvus

One of them is missing a decorative knot at the keeper, but apart from that, they are both fully functional!

May your cracks be sharp and loud, and your plaiting straight as an arrow!

Sparky that was a fun clip. smile

Ron

When you're choreographing your life, sometimes you have to dance with the music you're given.

Brandon, I actually laughed out loud! smile

Common sense is now so uncommon that it should be officially reclassified as a super power...

I certainly smiled broadly!

Glad to know you enjoyed it!~

Here's a few images of them -

https://i.imgur.com/7LmpIRn.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/FN3Q4J0.jpg

As you can tell, the keeper end of the red one is still missing a grapevine, but oh well~

On another note, here is the reason I was so excited for them - Because the rods themselves are tapered, I was able to slot them within each other. BECAUSE I could, this is the reason I made these whips~

https://i.imgur.com/rI2hVs7.jpg

The handles, which are originally about 18in long, shorten to about 12in! ^_^ I know it doesn't sound like too much of a difference, but it's the difference between handles poking out of your backpack and fitting easily inside my backpack!~
(Sorry for my excitement)

Anyway, here's a short video of them in use! (You can tell my 2 whip cracking requires some work haha)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80MjE5OtfHo

Sparky, those look like huge fun! I can well understand you excitement!  smile

haha Robert, they definitely are! This is actually the first time I've ever had a set of double whips, so it's fun to work out combos with my knowledge of object manipulation from fire spinning~

They are working nicely!! Nicely done!

Good job Sparky!

Ron

When you're choreographing your life, sometimes you have to dance with the music you're given.

Thanks again! ^_^ They are quite fun to play with!

Collapsible stockwhips? WOW!  I'm glad these turned out so well for you.

Common sense is now so uncommon that it should be officially reclassified as a super power...

That is too cool right there.  Never seen it before!!!

Inch by inch.

I missed that part Sparky. Collapsible whips? Wow.
That's definitely a first.

Ron

Brandon, I am continually amazed by the ingenuousness and artistic creativity shown by members of this group, but this pretty much hits the top of the list. Very, very cool.

A stranger in a strange land.

Ingenuity is what I meat, ingenuousness means pretty much the opposite. Once again, I hit the submit without proofreading. sorry

*Meant, good grief, I give up.

Thank you Scott! And again, thank you for sending these rods to me! I'm not sure what I plan on doing with the rest, we shall see ^_^

Thanks Rachel, that's why I made them~ Also because I knew I'll be doing a bit of travelling around, so I needed some easy to carry stockwhips!

Thank you Ron! It's definitely a new idea I haven't really seen around, really happy they worked out so well!

ahaha typos are all good! Thank you very much, Mark! It's very humbling to hear that everyone enjoys the collapsible part of these whips ^_^

Brandon, there's no need to be humble about collapsible stockwhips - these are a game changer! You saw it here first, folks...