Re: Let's Learn Volleys

I've been really working on slowing down the pace. Now if I could just get my son and son-in-law to do the same. You'd think they would get tired of the welts.

A stranger in a strange land.

Mark, perhaps one way forward is to go for a long run just before whip-cracking! Anything to tire him out!  :

April Choi and Kevin Daniels teach by first introducing technique by handing the students gymnastic ribbons.  You can see the flow of the crack and there is no noise to try to achieve.  You can get them at the dollar store  smile. I buy them for the kids to play "whip crack" with when the grownups are playing.  They are super cheap and super useful.

I hug the people I hate, so I know how big to dig the hole in the backyard.

Jessie, that's a splendid idea!  smile

That is a great idea Jessie.  Coincidentally, my son just made one of those in his art class at school.  Apparently, the kids were given free use of any and all supplies and that is what he came with (and for exactly the same purpose as you described).  Who knows, maybe he'll even join here one day.

Common sense is now so uncommon that it should be officially reclassified as a super power...

Yeah!

I hug the people I hate, so I know how big to dig the hole in the backyard.

Jessie, those are fantastic ideas about using a headphone and gymanstic ribbons as practicing tools - thank you very much for sharing!

All the best
Ben

Hi everyone.  It's been almost 10 days but I have not had much time or good weather to practice volleys with a whip, Much less produce a video.
Results are similar to the other day. I can kind of do it but it's not pretty or consistent.  As such I will be adding this to the list of things I need to keep practicing.
I hope you all are having favorable results yourselves smile

In vino veritas

It will get better the more you do it.
I have  pot load of those on my list.

Ron

When you're choreographing your life, sometimes you have to dance with the music you're given.

Me too Ron wink
Good luck mate smile

In vino veritas