Topic: Target Stand Revival

I was looking through this area and reading everything. There are not many pictures left due to PhotoB's change of heart. It was rather disappointing that all of that, no doubt, cool stuff was no more sad

I also thought that since this is a public area that could be of much interest as well, maybe we can CTR (Cardio Thread Resuscitation) some fresh pictures and some post-2014 stuff to make it more relevant.

Being fairly new here myself, I would find some new stuff target stand related very exciting. Target stands are as cool as they are useful and people come up with amazing personal concepts that would be very interesting not only to me but probably to countless lookers-on.

If anyone has some stand stuff they could share, I think it would be interesting. I'm sure some here still do target work on occasion...

It's just an idea. It could really be helpful to someone since much of the previous visual stuff is gone due to various circumstances.

Re: Target Stand Revival

I've got two different plumbers going to save some PVC stuff from jobs they have coming up this month. I'm planning on making a first target stand with whatever they can hook me up with. It might be ugly but it will work.

I'm planning on using Robby's calculation method for getting an appropriate height.

I will post some pics later this month when it all comes together...

Good luck with your project.
You can't beat free pvc stuff.

Ron

When you're choreographing your life, sometimes you have to dance with the music you're given.

Thanks Ron. Well, it'll probably be lots of little stuff I'll have to PVC cement end to end to get length out of it, but for a prototype idea it'll be fun to mess with.

I have three or four build ideas I've conjured up in my mind. I don't know if they will even work but I plan on finding out smile

There also might be some ideas you can glean from YouTube too.
The best method is the KISS method.

Ron

When you're choreographing your life, sometimes you have to dance with the music you're given.

I agree about simplicity. I've seen a few things on YouTube. I really wanted to see the Binford 2000 Robby did. I can't get the pictures in the thread. I PM'd Robby a few days ago about any pictures he might have on it. I have not heard back from him yet but I know he is a very very busy man and will get back when he can. I realize that was back in 2014 but there is always a chance something may exist still.

Thanks for the assistance Ron smile

Stumbled across some clamps for target holding. They should be about perfect. Not too strong, not too weak. I will pick some up when I get ready to build. They carry them year around and a buck each is not going to break the bank.

I was outside getting stuff together for moving and I found some PVC pieces smile

Not much but it will come in handy soon...