mein Deutschstunde heute

Jessie Edwards

mein Deutschstunde heute

Post by Jessie Edwards »

Nein. Nur...nein. Ich kann nicht sagen die Zeit en English. Nein. Ich weisen mein Armbanduhr. Sie Lesen selbst.

I just worked really hard and I don't even know if I said any of it right.

*Kopfschreibtisch*
Due to rising costs, dirty deeds are no longer done dirt cheap.
~Management
Craig Frank

Post by Craig Frank »

Ja wohl!
If I can't run fast, I'll make slow look impressive.
"By the power of ibuprofen!"
Ron May

Post by Ron May »

Whaaaaaat ?

Ron
It's ok if you disagree with me.
I can't force you to be right.
Robert Gage
C Member

Post by Robert Gage »

Jessie, this is a perfect illustration of why simple transliteration is not translation! Vielen Dank! :)
'Less is often more!'

Post by Guest »

Revoking this old thread for some explanations on "three-quarters eight" (and "quarter eight" and "half eight") in south germany:

This defines the time that has past of the eight hour. So" three-quarters eight" is three-quarters of the eight hour which equals to 7:45 and "quarter eight" is 7:15.

Die Begriffe viertel Acht, dreiviertel Acht und halb Acht kommen von z.B. "dreiviertel der Achten Stunde" und bedeuten damit 7:45 bzw. 7:15 für viertel Acht.
Robert Gage
C Member

Post by Robert Gage »

Genau! Einfach! :)
'Less is often more!'
Sebastian Schott

Post by Sebastian Schott »

Absolut logisch :)

Jessie: das ist selbst für die Nord-Deutschen schwer zu verstehen. Mach dir da keine sorgen
(This one is difficult for the noth-germans too. so dont Worry about that
Jessie Edwards

Post by Jessie Edwards »

I've gotten over it. It wasn't as difficult when I got there. I said "quarter to" in English and Robby knew what I meant. Mein Deutsche es scheisse. Ich bin versuche? Is that the word? Trying?
~Management

Post by Guest »

Jessie Edwards wrote:I've gotten over it. It wasn't as difficult when I got there. I said "quarter to" in English and Robby knew what I meant. Mein Deutsche es scheisse. Ich bin versuche? Is that the word? Trying?
Let me help you with that:
Mein Deutsche es scheisse. - Ich habe Grundkenntnisse in Deutsch.
Ich bin versuche. - Ich gebe mein Bestes.

=)
Jessie Edwards

Post by Jessie Edwards »

Danke! Um...Ich brauchen alle de...hm. Help. I dont know the word for help. I need all the help I can get :)

Remind me to tell the story of the Schwan's guy (pronounced schwanz) one of these days...When I have better German and it can be told in the German section...I'm breaking rules speaking english right now. **run*
~Management
Ben Varsek

Post by Ben Varsek »

Jessie,

Die deutsche Übersetzung von "help" ist "Hilfe"
(the german word for "help" is "Hilfe").
Ich habe noch nie von der "Schwan's guy" Geschichte gehört aber es hört sich nicht so an als würde sie in ein familienfreundliches Forum passen :)
(I've never heard of the "Schwan's guy strory but it doesn't sound like it would fit into a family friendly forum :) ).

Alles Gute
Ben
Jessie Edwards

Post by Jessie Edwards »

Ben! Du wurden--ed(?) da! Screw it. I suck. You didn't hear the story? Robby had me tell it several times. Basically this: The Schwan's guy is the ice cream man that goes door to door selling ice cream and other treats here in the area. I was telling this story to Robby, explaining that the kids get all excited and run outside when the Schwan's guy shows up. Robby looks at me with this freaked out face and says, WHAT!? The WHAT GUY!??? Kids run after the WHAT GUY!???

And that's when I learned what "Schwanz" meant. :) It was kind of like Spanish class that one time...and I cut my finger on some paper and I wanted to go to the bathroom and wash it and I said my finger was cut...the teacher said, "Jessie, use your Spanish. Say it in Spanish"... So I said (using the only words I knew), "Mi dedo esta pene." I was trying to say that my finger was in pain...but...my attempts at foreign language studies always seem to end in crotch jokes :(
~Management

Return to “Der Deutsche Bereich”