Roo hide stock whip

The place to get advice & tipps, and discuss whip cracking. Feel free to post videos of yourself cracking your whip to get help, or any fun - or interesting - videos of whipcracking you would like to share with us.
Roy Partin
C Member

Roo hide stock whip

Post by Roy Partin »

As promised here is a clip of the roo stock whip made for me by Jeff Roseborough

https://youtu.be/JwoFWfa1T2E
He died for me, I'll live for him
Ron May

Post by Ron May »

Roy, sweet whip. Nice controlled movements. Good solid cracks. :)
It's ok if you disagree with me.
I can't force you to be right.
Jeff Roseborough

Post by Jeff Roseborough »

Roy, Thanks for posting this. It is great to see a whip in the hands of one who knows how to use one.

Happy Crackin'!
Jeff
Here's wishing you find time for the things you want to do, and for the things you need to do.
We see ourselves in our children and hope for a better future.
Robert Gage
C Member

Post by Robert Gage »

Terrific! Great whip, Jeff! And great cracking, Roy!

(Those little pigs don't seem to take any notice whatever. :) )
'Less is often more!'
Roy Partin
C Member

Post by Roy Partin »

Thank you Ron, Jeff and Mr Robert. Jeff, its been so wet and muddy that I was afraid to use that whip. Yesterday was the first time that I really gave it a workout and I enjoyed it. Mr Robert, those pigs don't care about anything but eating.
Sir Roger Tuson

Post by Sir Roger Tuson »

Very nice and relaxed there Roy.
Rachel McCollough
Member of the Ring

Post by Rachel McCollough »

That looks great Roy, and the other video with your lovely girls and the mini pigs is too cool!
That is a very nice whip.
Inch by inch.
David Cross

Post by David Cross »

Now that is beautiful. That is the benchmark I've been shooting for. Such fluidity of the thong, and yet the mass and power to self-crack with so little effort is what makes a proper whip. I feel like I'm getting closer, but mine does NOT look like that. Not yet.

Jeff's getting some good exposure these days, isn't he? I'll bet, eventually, every member will have one of his whips on the wall.
Robby Amper

Post by Robby Amper »

I watched the video a few times, now. And what I can say for sure is, that this whip has an excellent weight distribution. When you watch the forward crack - very relaxed performed, Roy! - you can see that the whip rolls out without Roy speeding up anything. And that means, that the thong is speeding up by itself. Which means...that there is a wonderful balance in the thong, which makes it noseheavy enough to lead to an easy but defined crack in the end. I hope that all this makes sense to you. It would be much better for me to write it in german, but that could cause other problems :)

Robby

p.s.
Roy, allow me to say two things. Your victorian cutback is okay. But to make it real good, don't bring your elbow to the side when you change the direction. Use only your wrist to make the turn and it will become better. Your reverse circus (cattleman's) crack will improve, when you lower your arm a bit and give the whip one more second to go down before you go into the crack. Forward crack (flick) and Underhand are great!
I have a screwdriver. I am Legend...
Roy Partin
C Member

Post by Roy Partin »

Thanks so much for that critique Robby. The cutback has been difficult but I will get it eventually. The arthritis won't let my wrists move like I want them to. I will keep watching your videos and keep trying to learn
Grant Weaver

Post by Grant Weaver »

Thank you so much for this video Roy, I would completely agree with Robby about the reverse circus, all it needs is another split second to allow gravity to do it's job. Excellent whip and excellent cracking.
Jeff Roseborough

Post by Jeff Roseborough »

Thanks for the observations Robby. I wish I could get a whip into your hands personally (hint hint!). I actually had to redo the second half of the thong several times because I didn't like the amount of weight carried to the end and the taper was off. In the end I was pleased with the way it turned out
Here's wishing you find time for the things you want to do, and for the things you need to do.
We see ourselves in our children and hope for a better future.
Donovan de Swardt

Post by Donovan de Swardt »

Thanks for posting the videos Roy... To me it looks like a beautiful whip, more than that the experts have given their opinion and it seems Jeff's work is not wanting
Robert Gage
C Member

Post by Robert Gage »

Robby, the combination of Roy's video and your comments in post #9, taken together, provide yet another valuable insight into technique! Thanks to you both!

Roy, you have my total sympathy regarding the arthritis. It's not much fun....

Jeff, your appreciation of the importance of weight distribution in the thong means you really are in the top class of whip makers! :)
'Less is often more!'
Roy Partin
C Member

Post by Roy Partin »

Thank you all! I now realize what a great tool that video can be for helping to improve. I think I will use it more often to study and improve my faults. Its easy to see what changes need to be made on each crack

Return to “Whip Cracking (+++ public thread +++)”