The drawing of the tickets/names...

Our Donation Campaign for a Dog Shelter. Again...!
Chris 'Topher' Holtz

Post by Chris 'Topher' Holtz »

Sounds good, Robby. I will post them here as well as email them to you.

Post by Guest »

As everybody knows, pictures say more and are more efficient than a thousand words, especially when you're dealing with charity events... Pictures please!!!
Tyler Blake
Member of the Ring

Post by Tyler Blake »

I haven't caught up on the whole forum yet, but I guess this is as good a place as any to post the first pictures of my whip. THis is my first pipe whip- it's a brass pipe that I aged, with a brass collar that I aged with a pawprint design, and an aged brass cup with an inscription in latin that translates to "For Man's Best Friend" and then it says "whip basics charity event 2015". Of curse, I used Google translate for the latin so I can't guarantee it doesn't say "I like Cheeseburgers!" :P Also, it has a copper cap on the butt end of the handle- that's the only part of the handle that isn't brass. The thong is 6 feet, with an 18 plait dacron overlay.

I was inspired to do a pipewhip way back by Bobbi and her show whip, and this is the first time it's come out right :)
Yaprimascharif, Yahasanna Hadisany, elafinas tabachu, Dari chalemy elasin!
Tyler Blake
Member of the Ring

Post by Tyler Blake »

By the way, I'm putting this up on my website right now, and I will shoot some video for Youtube this weekend. I would like to any of who has a website to promote this there, we just might sell quite a few more tickets that way. I'm putting up the list of everyone who's donating, and if any of you have pictures, I'll put those up too. Let's help some dogs :)
Sir Roger Tuson

Post by Sir Roger Tuson »

That's just brilliant Tyler. Lovely touches with the etching and a great looking whip too.
Donovan de Swardt

Post by Donovan de Swardt »

wow thats just great!

DOes anyone know when the ticket sales open's?
Robby Amper

Post by Robby Amper »

That is amazing, Tyler. Simply amazing! I don't know what else to say. Okay... I could say that I'm really sad now because I can't take part on the lottery and miss the chance to win that beauty. But - well - others have and I hope we will have good ticket sales for the doggies!

Robby
I have a screwdriver. I am Legend...
Roy Partin
C Member

Post by Roy Partin »

That's spectacular Tyler. I think pups all over the world just smiled. Thanks for sharing
He died for me, I'll live for him
Rachel McCollough
Member of the Ring

Post by Rachel McCollough »

Beautiful, and I think the paw print seals the deal:)
Inch by inch.

Post by Guest »

How to say "sobrecogedor" in englisch... "awesome", this is really cool Tyler. Respect and the doggies take their hats off.
Jose
Tyler Blake
Member of the Ring

Post by Tyler Blake »

Thanks everyone! I just re read my post #24 above, where I can be quoted with this brilliant tidbit: I would like to any of who I'm pretty sure I meant to say "I would like to invite any of you who have a website to join me in promoting the lottery," or something coherent like that :P
Mario Desgronte

Post by Mario Desgronte »

Wow, wow, wow a Dacron Pipe Whip for the WB charity event ,this is a wonderful creation.
You made a fantastic job Tyler. :D :D :D

Best wishes,
Mario
Tyler Blake
Member of the Ring

Post by Tyler Blake »

Thank you Mario :)
Curt Baumgardner

Post by Curt Baumgardner »

Brilliant whip Tyler, just brilliant.
Tyler Blake
Member of the Ring

Post by Tyler Blake »

Thank you Curt!
Curt Baumgardner

Post by Curt Baumgardner »

Yeah, I got to see some of your handiwork when I visited with Robby. Absolutely love the theory and construction of your whips. I've been wondering, after seeing some proper roo-hide whips in Mario's collection, if anyone has tried to start the overlay in nylon and transition in the thong to Dacron in an effort to simulate the reduction in strand width that roo-hide whips have. Just something I am keenly interested in experimenting with down the road in my own whip making. I've got some "growing" to do first though. Just gotta take baby steps for now.
Sir Roger Tuson

And here's my contribution - a six foot Bullwhip with steel bar handle, twister taper core, 8- and 12-plait bound bellies with a 14-plait overlay in black and fireball. Rolls out well, cracks loud and looks good.

Regrettably not waxed but it's the best whip I've made to date and I'm sure the winner will enjoy using it!
Robert Gage
C Member

Post by Robert Gage »

Roger, that really looks the business! A splendid contribution! :)
'Less is often more!'
Sir Roger Tuson

Thanks Robert. I feel I am truly improving with every whip! :D
Robby Amper

Post by Robby Amper »

Great one, Roger, many, many thanks to you! Just do me the favor and put that picture into the "Lottery Prices" section. Tyler's whip is there, too and so we will have all the donated whips in one place.

For the time being I close this thread, because - like I said - it is better to post the whip pictures in the "The Lottery Prices" section. This thread is about the drawing of the tickets. The donated whips have their own, honorable (!) place.

Again - thanks, Rog!
Robby
I have a screwdriver. I am Legend...

Return to “Let's save a few lives... (+++ public thread +++)”