Videos & Clips

The place to get advice & tipps, and discuss whip cracking. Feel free to post videos of yourself cracking your whip to get help, or any fun - or interesting - videos of whipcracking you would like to share with us.
Robby Amper

Videos & Clips

Post by Robby Amper »

If you just want to share your videos or have problems with a specific crack... Post it here. We have some guys here who can help you :) If you're braiding whips and want to introduce yourself and your work - be my guest.

Robby
I have a screwdriver. I am Legend...
Robby Amper

Post by Robby Amper »

I watched it closely. The first thing - I would advise you try a longer whip. The one you have there is a veeery fast one. But to practice all these cracks it would be better to have something about 7 or 8 foot length. You also should try to follow through with your whip. At the moment you have a row of fast, single cracks. Try to create some kind of a flow, a continueing motion. But again - that's hard with a short whip. Especially for cracks like that tasmanian cutback you need some weight in the whip. Next is your stance. To have a more stabile stand, bring your feet that way, that the toes of one foot are at the height of the heel of the other foot. When you're right handed - looked like you are - bring your left foot in front. Try this, and you'll see, you have a much better stance.

Robby
Klara

Post by Klara »

Trying my new blonde... she cracks! :-)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awdd-2mm ... annel_page

Not very loud... but the reason for that does more depends on me instead of her, slow figure eight has been a new move for me.
Essentia Whips

Post by Essentia Whips »

Klara wrote:Trying my new blonde... she cracks! :-)

Not very loud... but the reason for that does more depends on me instead of her, slow figure eight has been a new move for me.
I just watched you stack the dice....AMAZING!!!!!

Your whip looks good to, well done ;)

Tony
Robby Amper

Post by Robby Amper »

I've seen that whip myself, and I had the chance to crack it. What can I say... It cracked. Yes, it's far from being perfect, but for a first try (!) it's amazing. To be honest, I'd would call it amazing, even if it would be the fifth attempt. But for the first one - excellent!

Robby
Klara

Post by Klara »

Thanks a lot Tony, but dice stacking in this basic way is not as difficult than it looks!
Skip

Post by Skip »

Klara wrote:Thanks a lot Tony, but dice stacking in this basic way is not as difficult than it looks!
Tony if she thinks Dice Stacking is easy than making whips should be a piece of cake for her..
Jim

Post by Jim »

OK, what is dice stacking??????? And nice work Klara :)

Jim
Skip

Post by Skip »

Jim wrote:OK, what is dice stacking??????? And nice work Klara :)

Jim
Jim go to the video and look at the other one she has up there.
great stuff.
Jim

Post by Jim »

Amazing, got to be trick photography LOL :)
Kris

Post by Kris »

Here's a better video than the last one, you can actually see whats happening..... trying to nail a Tasmanian cut back, I can see where its going wrong, this is with one of the 2 5 footers I got from Ron

I have another that my mates going to post thats shows a bit more progression...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=en-0ijlU ... annel_page
Kris

Post by Kris »

Klara wrote:Trying my new blonde... she cracks! :-)

Hey Clara, that's a nice big flowing action you have there, you hear that the whip wants to pop and there's nothing better than when it starts going off. Is that the whip you build a few weeks ago? it looks nicely broken in already, good stuff :)

Kris

I love the slow figure 8 as well, can't wait till my 8 foot Ron whip is ready to start getting some grace in my cracks, the 5 footers are great but very fast, keep whipping my arse with them and they really bite!
Last edited by Kris on Fri 29. May 2009, 22:28, edited 1 time in total.
Kris

Post by Kris »

Kris wrote:Here's a better video than the last one, you can actually see whats happening..... trying to nail a Tasmanian cut back, I can see where its going wrong, this is with one of the 2 5 footers I got from Ron

I have another that my mates going to post thats shows a bit more progression...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=en-0ijlU ... annel_page
Here be's the other one, I definitely need to work on posture (and to kick the dude with the lawn mowers arse)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHGTtvHQfmw

Any tips are more than welcome

Cheers

Kris
Jim

Post by Jim »

Great video Kris. Looking good :)
Robby Amper

Post by Robby Amper »

Kris - you're improving right away. And yes, I agree about the lawn mover...

ffab - If you bend forward, you'll have a tasmanian one. You shouldn't have your hand in the pocket. Looks a bit too relaxed.

(By the way - perhaps I asked before - what is your name...?)

Take care,
Robby
Kris

Post by Kris »

Robby, thanks for the compliment, always welcome from a pro!!

FFAB, it is a bullwhip from Ron Allen, 5foot 12p, there is a picture of the 2 i bought about 2 month ago, had it out in my lunch break today at work and was amused to see my colleague whip himself across his behind twice lol!! I'm getting the tasmanian better each time but is still a bit off. I'll bump the picture of the bullwhips in the pictures section to the top just so you can take a look, nice little whips, quite fast, i also have a stock whip from Tony that i'm getting some good cracks from now although i'm a bit reluctant to take it out and damage it as it was a big purchase!!

Kris
Skip

Post by Skip »

ffab wrote:I am doing a back crack too, but not sure if this is a "tasmanian cutback".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMDTboylaIA
The Tasmanian Cutback the way I learned to do it is a bit different. In a TC the crack should be directly behind you. So the thong would go up over your head as you bend over a bit the thong is thrown back and not off to the side. What you have there is a behind the back circus crack...

(disclaimer) I am in no way an authority on cracks or what they are called. I may very well completely wrong. That's just the way I learned to do it..

skip
Kris

Post by Kris »

Jim wrote:Great video Kris. Looking good :)
Cheers Jim, I'm enjoying the whole being able to fire off a few crack and wow my mates, they still think it's a bit weird and whips are viewed as something kinky but they still want a go when they hear it going off :D

Return to “Whip Cracking (+++ public thread +++)”