Are TV series allowed?

How much description does it take, when the whole thing is called "Movies", hm...?
Sven van Leeuwen

Post by Sven van Leeuwen »

Yes Star Trek. I grew up with TNG and the ones that followed in a lesser extend.

In januari this year I set myself the goal of watching everything Star Trek until Discovery comes.
I'm currently in the end of season two of Voyager.

Besides Star Trek, Twelve Monkeys, Prison Break, Outlander, Defiance, Travelers, Hell on Wheels, Dexter, and a lot more. :)

Sven
Scott A. Cary

Post by Scott A. Cary »

My dad turned me into a Trekkie as a young child. We watched all of the original series and saw every one of the films in the theater. I'll have to check with my mother, but I'm pretty sure there's at least one picture of me dressed as Mr. Spock for Halloween - complete with the ears!
I'll give it a try, Dad, but it's going to be really hard...kind of like trying to saw something in half using a banana.
Russell Jones

Post by Russell Jones »

Where to begin lol
Knight Rider, Street Hawk, Air Wolf, Buck Rogers in the 21st Century, Battlestar Galactica (80's) The Six Million Dollar Man, CHiPs, The Greatest American Hero, Monkey (more commonly referrwed to as Monkey Magic) Rip Tide, BlackAdder, The Goodies (The Goody Goody Yum Yum) The Hitchhiker, Tales From The Crypt so many I enjoyed. The last series I bothered watching was Heroes but I lost interest after the first season. Don't really watch TV anymore

Post by Guest »

MacGyver!
Rachel McCollough
Member of the Ring

Post by Rachel McCollough »

Erik Torpström wrote:MacGyver!
A-Team!
Inch by inch.
Russell Jones

Post by Russell Jones »

Yeah, them too :) I love it when a plan comes together ;)
Ron May

Post by Ron May »

I can watch A-Team every day if I choose to.
It's shown on Cozi Tv here on cable.

Ron
It's ok if you disagree with me.
I can't force you to be right.
Eric Roethe

Post by Eric Roethe »

I know I'm bringing back an old thread, but on the topic of TV series, the Selina Kyle character on Gotham uses a whip in a couple episodes. My google-fu is weak at the moment, but I think it is season 4 ep 2 or 3, which can be found on Netflix. Again with the weak Fu, but I believe the whip was made by Blake Bruning, I seam to recall hearing that in Nick's whipcast, but I could be (and probably am) wrong.

As far as favorites growing up, the, if I remember correctly, Thursday night CBS combo of Magnum PI and Simon and Simon were a favorite. As well as Miami Vice. I know it was fake, but that Ferrari Daytona is my all time favorite. The reboot of Magnum isn't horrible. Blue Bloods is a current favorite as well.
To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.
Eric Roethe

Post by Eric Roethe »

If you happen to have apple TV, the new series See shows several. It is a dystopian future where everyone (almost) is blind. The whips are used like walking sticks. Steve Townsend made the whips.
To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.
Eric Roethe

Post by Eric Roethe »

Oh. I should warn, parts of the show are not suitable for children, in my opinion.
Tyler Blake
Member of the Ring

Post by Tyler Blake »

That sounds interesting Eric- I don't have Apple TV, but in the future who knows... hopefully not one where everyone is blind though :P
Yaprimascharif, Yahasanna Hadisany, elafinas tabachu, Dari chalemy elasin!
Ron May

Post by Ron May »

I could see using a whip to get echo location feed back, kind of like a bat does. Or the way Daredevil does.

Ron
It's ok if you disagree with me.
I can't force you to be right.
Mark Elliott

Post by Mark Elliott »

I haven't seen the show, but I have been reading about it. Steve Townsend and Blake Bruning with some help from Nick Schrader made a total of 22 whips in less than two weeks for the show. Todd Rex trained the actors in their use. Jason Momoa, who played Kal Drogo on HBO's Game of Thrones, is the lead in the show.
"Always be on the lookout for the presence of wonder." -E. B. White
Scott A. Cary

Post by Scott A. Cary »

Interesting. I may have to check it out.
I'll give it a try, Dad, but it's going to be really hard...kind of like trying to saw something in half using a banana.
Eric Roethe

Post by Eric Roethe »

If you have a mac, you can watch the first two episodes for free. Or at least I could.

Return to “Terror in the Aisles (+++public thread+++)”