The coachman's crack revisit 10/20 t0 10/31

At the request of the members, the 10/10 challenge has its own section now. Every 10 days a new thread will be opened for that particular exercise.
Jessie Edwards

The coachman's crack revisit 10/20 t0 10/31

Post by Jessie Edwards »

We need to get a new 10/10 going and so I am looking into my own trouble areas. The coachman's crack still gives me trouble. If you guys have it, then you will do it with your non dominant hand this time. Eventually we will start doing things like the Queensland crossover and some double handed tricks. Don't neglect the left side. We may need to revisit a few of these cracks just for the sake of the nondominant side. April Choi has a different way of explaining than Robby that I kind of "get" so here is that link. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqAX9BtgVbA&t=35s

Here we go!
Due to rising costs, dirty deeds are no longer done dirt cheap.
~Management
Russell Jones

Post by Russell Jones »

Good idea Jessie. Personally It's about time I started over and get the left side up to scratch with many of the basic techniques.
However when it comes to dual whips, I don't really have a suitable pair so I might have to put those lessons on the back burner for now.
I hope everyone's practice goes well :)
Jessie Edwards

Post by Jessie Edwards »

well..i am thinking of making a pair for myself. I've been brainstorming a lighter shorter version of the practice whip for a more fast cardio type exercise. I can't advertise exercise-whipcracking without having an idea of how to get the heart rate up. Maybe [notify]Sir Roger Tuson[/notify] can come up with some ideas.
Due to rising costs, dirty deeds are no longer done dirt cheap.
~Management
Ron May

Post by Ron May »

April's demonstrations are good.
I think this would be a good one to revisit for the next challenge.

These have kind of gone on the back burner for a while and maybe it's time
to move them to the front. :)

Ron
It's ok if you disagree with me.
I can't force you to be right.
Russell Jones

Post by Russell Jones »

Jessie Edwards wrote:well..i am thinking of making a pair for myself. I've been brainstorming a lighter shorter version of the practice whip for a more fast cardio type exercise. I can't advertise exercise-whipcracking without having an idea of how to get the heart rate up. Maybe @Sir Roger Tuson can come up with some ideas.
Running while whip cracking? :D
Robert Gage
C Member

Post by Robert Gage »

Running while whip cracking? Now there's a thought! Just think of the effect on the neighbours! :)
'Less is often more!'
Russell Jones

Post by Russell Jones »

I think they'll be calling up the men in white coats on me Robert ;)
Russell Jones

Post by Russell Jones »

I got out just before and gave this a go. I thought I might as well take a video. This is the first time I've attempted this with the opposite hand and I can see that I have much to work on.
https://youtu.be/SNMlrW01lOs

Return to “The 10/10 Challenge”