overhead reverse horizontal?

At the request of the members, the 10/10 challenge has its own section now. Every 10 days a new thread will be opened for that particular exercise.
Jessie Edwards

Post by Jessie Edwards »

Yeah, you can't just quit when you get hurt. It keeps you from going again later on.
Due to rising costs, dirty deeds are no longer done dirt cheap.
~Management
Russell Jones

Post by Russell Jones »

I have not heard the term 'Bloody Turban' before. It sounds bloody painful.

When the whip went behind me the first few times I thought I might get clipped too.

It will be a while of practicing and gaining confidence before attempting this with my left hand.
Jessie Edwards

Post by Jessie Edwards »

Remember the first time you did the overhead crack ever and you were trying to make it all horizontal like Robby said, but something flubbed and the thong hit the back of your head, wrapped around your forehead and the cracker ended up smacking you in the ear at sonic speeds leaving a big welt across your ear and much of your forehead? We named it The Bloody Turban a year or so ago. The one crack I don't practice, yet the 3 times I ever managed to do it ever, I did it PERFECTLY.
Due to rising costs, dirty deeds are no longer done dirt cheap.
~Management
Russell Jones

Post by Russell Jones »

Ha! The irony of achieving perfection without trying! I like your outlook on that :D But not laughing at the thought of you sustaining multiple 'Bloody Turbans'

Personally I'm happy to say I have no recollection of that memory Jessie, but still early days for me. However a video clip of me unintentionally performing one in the future might be a good laugh ;) But I think i'll do my best to keep the Bloody Turban out of my repertoire!

I do remember apart from the WB instructional DVD's, I researched Robby's videos on YouTube and found one where he expressed how to keep it horizontal by sweeping the whip across to about shoulder height then when you switch across the opposite way to elevate your arm gradually as you move across and that seemed to work.
Luckily so far I have managed to only clip my hand with the extending loop by keeping the plane too tight and pulling it across too fast at times.

How goes your practice? I have done quite a bit today. Maybe overdone it. I've managed to get a tighter plane at times but maintaining momentum seems to be the hardest thing for me after some multiple switches.
Ben Varsek

Post by Ben Varsek »

Russell, your practice video looks fantastic, good job!

Jessie, I'm sorry to hear about the bloody turban and I hope that your ear will feel better soon!

All the best
Ben
Russell Jones

Post by Russell Jones »

Thanks for the encouragement Ben :)
Russell Jones

Post by Russell Jones »

Hey people :) It's been 8 days and I thought that I would give this a go with the coral snake whip. The longer handle made performing this technique feel a bit easier.
https://youtu.be/Y0ZjXT41_W8
Ron May

Post by Ron May »

It looks like you are doing rather good with this.
Keep it up Russel. :)

Ron
It's ok if you disagree with me.
I can't force you to be right.
Mark Elliott

Post by Mark Elliott »

Russell, good job on the crack and on avoiding your dog. Adds a whole level of difficulty.
"Always be on the lookout for the presence of wonder." -E. B. White
Russell Jones

Post by Russell Jones »

Thank you kindly Ron and Mark.

Return to “The 10/10 Challenge”