The Slow Figure Eight

At the request of the members, the 10/10 challenge has its own section now. Every 10 days a new thread will be opened for that particular exercise.
Rachel McCollough
Member of the Ring

Post by Rachel McCollough »

Like the helmet with the blaster shield down that Luke used to train....

Very cool, the Force is with this one...

Sorry, I couldn't help it :)
That's a great idea!
Inch by inch.
Ron May

Post by Ron May »

It works for me and it does give me a better feeling of what the whip is doing.
Keeping my eyes open, I find myself correcting the flight of the thong in mid-throw in stead of starting the throw correctly in the first place.

I also noticed that on the second part which goes behind you, your hand and arm are out to the side. Try keeping the thong on the same plane both frontward and rearward as well.
Keeping it in the same line through out the throws will allow the whip to behave more naturally. That's what I found true for me.

It's a good beginning Flemming.
Good job.

Ron
It's ok if you disagree with me.
I can't force you to be right.
Flemming Bo Christiansen

Post by Flemming Bo Christiansen »

Thank you Ron - I will work on the straight line. Here is it that my shoulders teases me because I cant move them so much. To compensate I need to work with my body to find the right movement.

Rachel - If some of the neighbours saw me with a Luke Skywalker helmet and a whip they would belive that I was gone totally mad and call the police ;-)
Today is a good day
Rachel McCollough
Member of the Ring

Post by Rachel McCollough »

Flemming Bo Christiansen wrote:Thank you Ron - I will work on the straight line. Here is it that my shoulders teases me because I cant move them so much. To compensate I need to work with my body to find the right movement.

Rachel - If some of the neighbours saw me with a Luke Skywalker helmet and a whip they would belive that I was gone totally mad and call the police ;-)
:) :D ;)
Ah we have to lead them on and let them believe we are normal enough!
Inch by inch.
Russell Jones

Post by Russell Jones »

Hi Flemming, Nice work. Thanks for posting your videos. It's good to see you believe in using both hands, which is something I've neglected.

Rachel - That's a scary thought! ;) :)
Scott A. Cary

Post by Scott A. Cary »

Flemming Bo Christiansen wrote:Therefore I took a pair of safetyglasses and painted the glasses white for future training :-)
Flemming, that's a good idea. Pilots use something similar called foggles when training for their instrument ratings. Their view of the instrument panel is clear, but the view outside the aircraft is obstructed. The idea is to teach them to rely on their instruments, and not their vision.
I'll give it a try, Dad, but it's going to be really hard...kind of like trying to saw something in half using a banana.
Ben Varsek

Post by Ben Varsek »

Felmming, thank you for sharing those videos and welcome to the 10/10 challenge!
Your practice session looks way better than my first 10/10 sessions - good job!

I like the idea of using painted safetyglasses insted of just closing your eye since it's a lot more safer (I'm pretty sure that the closed eyelid won't protect against injury whereas safety glasses will protect the eyes)!
I've noticed that you are moving the handle to the 10 o'clock or 11 o'clock position (instead of the 12 o'clock position) before you are changing directions. This will make it far more difficult to do techniques like the swivel or to use this crack in a combo later on.

All the best
Ben
Ben Varsek

Post by Ben Varsek »

Flemming, I've just realized that I've spelled your name worng in my last post - I apologize for that!

All the best
Ben
Flemming Bo Christiansen

Post by Flemming Bo Christiansen »

Thanks Ben. Another bad routine to work on
Today is a good day
Robby Amper

Post by Robby Amper »

You're doing good, Flemming. Now you need practice. Here are two little points for you... Don't bring your arm up too high. That is normal - everybody does this in the beginning. And don't look after the whip. That will bring you out of balance, nothing else. Lokk straight forward and learn to feel where the whip is, okay?

Robby
I have a screwdriver. I am Legend...

Return to “The 10/10 Challenge”