The new and improved TVS 10/10 Challenge Series

At the request of the members, the 10/10 challenge has its own section now. Every 10 days a new thread will be opened for that particular exercise.
Jessie Edwards

The new and improved TVS 10/10 Challenge Series

Post by Jessie Edwards »

It seems, we have an introduction :)

Thank you, Robby. This is going to be a great help to all of us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdX_YMRap4Y
Due to rising costs, dirty deeds are no longer done dirt cheap.
~Management
Ben Varsek

Post by Ben Varsek »

Thank you for posting the link Jessie and thank you Robby for making an introduction video for the new 10/10 challenge series!
Since Robby adressed youtube viewers in this video, I'm assuing that the won't need a link to watch the videos (of course I'm fine with both methods :) ).

All the best
Ben
Jessie Edwards

Post by Jessie Edwards »

No, they are public, but in order to participate, post videos, ask questions and get questions answered, you will have to be a member of WB. All videos will be posted here in the forum when made by us.
~Management
Robert Gage
C Member

Post by Robert Gage »

Thanks so much, Jessie! This introduction is extremely tantalising! :)
'Less is often more!'
Matt Henderson

Post by Matt Henderson »

Excellent stuff :)
'Sic Parvis Magna'
Ron May

Post by Ron May »

This is going to be epic.

Ron
It's ok if you disagree with me.
I can't force you to be right.
Rachel McCollough
Member of the Ring

Post by Rachel McCollough »

Oh this looks fantastic! I will get to watch at the library after school..... This is so cool!
Inch by inch.
Jessie Edwards

Post by Jessie Edwards »

Girl, I want to start a collection to run internet out to your house. Are you just that far off the road or what? When I lived out of town, we had ridiculous stupid internet. It was dial up until only 3 years ago. We thought satellite was a valid option in the swamp. Nope. They "said" high speed, but it was really just, nope.
~Management
Rachel McCollough
Member of the Ring

No im .7 miles off a main highway. And people within 1-2 miles of us have high speed internet. We are 14 miles from the nearest post office, but small communities all around us.

No internet- too expensive for the companies to put in necessary equipment for our little community, they won't make enough off of us. That's what they have told us. AT&T came out to my next door neighbor's house to install their high speed, but they discovered the lines that the computer said was there.....wasn't. And dish/directv/hughsnet have all been tried by us or our next door neighbor's. No go :-)

Only option left that might work is the plug in stick for a laptop from AT&T that works off cell towers. Unlimited up to 50gig. Per month. We may try that when I go to work so I can keep going to school from home- if it works good for our neighbor.
That's the joys!
That means it is highly likely we will never get actual high speed internet access like most folks.
Inch by inch.
Rachel McCollough
Member of the Ring

Except through the stick thing.
Now I sound really high tech (don't look, Jeff!)
(Or Pokkis!!!) (Or Craig!!!)
Inch by inch.
Jessie Edwards

Post by Jessie Edwards »

I have been there. I feel your pain. We were too far from the main box for fiberoptic by--get this--1 mile. WE would have had to pay for them to bring the line down and then after WE paid 4K to do it, all of our neighbors could branch off of it for free. How fair was that? Since I wasn't in the financial position to float the neighborhood, we suffered the Hughsnet--or Hellznet, which was slow as molasses in January and I could have bought a brand new car every year for as much as it cost me.
~Management
Rachel McCollough
Member of the Ring

Yep, you definitely do know, WS!!! This has been my difficulty with posting videos as well. I'm in town more often now and when I start work I should be able to post videos then. I do look forward to participating fully.
Inch by inch.
Jeff Roseborough

Post by Jeff Roseborough »

No problem Rachael. I know of your pain with Internet. I hear it all day long and am used to it. It is sad really, when you think of what this country could do to provide real high speed service to everybody. It sounds like the Cell phone on a USB stick is the way to go for you. I am surprised that Hughesnet or Dish is not a viable option. I have a customer in a remote area that uses it and gets great speeds at a reasonable cost per month.

Been a challenging day at work. I've been staring at this screen for so long I am going crosseyed. We have had customers complaining because our email server has been acting up. I don't know enough to fix it and the boss is out of town and temporarily out of reach. Just have to tell customers to have patience I guess.

Have a good one everyone!
Here's wishing you find time for the things you want to do, and for the things you need to do.
We see ourselves in our children and hope for a better future.
Rachel McCollough
Member of the Ring

Jeff it sounds like you've had a tough round this week :) get you some rest!!!

I'm really excited over this 10/10.
Inch by inch.
Sven van Leeuwen

Post by Sven van Leeuwen »

Wow. This looks to be good.
I actually feel a bit special, seeing this video is for the public and Robby talking about the community.
Thank you Robby, this is going to be great.

Sven
Scott A. Cary

Post by Scott A. Cary »

I can't wait to see the rest of these!
I'll give it a try, Dad, but it's going to be really hard...kind of like trying to saw something in half using a banana.

Return to “The 10/10 Challenge”