The timing excrcise drill from 4/19/2017 to 4/28/2017

At the request of the members, the 10/10 challenge has its own section now. Every 10 days a new thread will be opened for that particular exercise.
Russell Jones

Post by Russell Jones »

It was a sad turn of events.... I had the feeling he had the wrong idea about what was going on, or perhaps unwilling to see past his views, I don't know.
I enjoy the 10/10 Challenges. The evidence for the improvement of it's participants is there for everyone to see.
I agree with Robby, more active participants would be nice. However even with the few people who have participated and commented in the threads, it's almost like being in an physical whip class. It's great! And motivating.
Whatever is decided going forward I am happy with, as long as there is still plenty to drink from the fountain of knowledge!
I'm thirsty and can't stop drinking!
Yes, thank you Ron for the excellent job you are doing keeping the 10/10 Challenge Thread a fun and positive place to interact with people and post!
Rachel McCollough
Member of the Ring

Post by Rachel McCollough »

Ron has done a great job! That's a lot of time and care put into this project, thank you, Ron!
I can't participate like I would like but I have followed along the best I can. It is cool to hear the improvements everyone is making!

My great aunt was a no-nonsense person. She was also the kindest heart you would meet.
She had a sign in her kitchen, it read:
"For meals you have two choices: Take it or Leave it."

To invite ourselves over to someone's house and complain about everything that is served....
Beyond rude.

No....

It's a pervasive attitude among many in society that they DESERVE something when they want and how they want it. I'm sorry, but we don't deserve anything we haven't worked for. Anything more than what we have honestly earned is a GIFT. Treat it as such.

Entitled attitudes are a huge pet peeve of mine, I apologize for fussing.
Inch by inch.
Jessie Edwards

Post by Jessie Edwards »

Word up my sistah. Word. Up.
Due to rising costs, dirty deeds are no longer done dirt cheap.
~Management
Ron May

Post by Ron May »

A couple of us saw that coming.

It's my pleasure Jessie. It was also your cool idea to begin with. :)

Wanting crunchy in stead of smooth peanut butter when the sandwich was free, is not the way to be grateful.

What ever works best for the doctor with a screwdriver if fine with me.

Ron
It's ok if you disagree with me.
I can't force you to be right.
Ron May

Post by Ron May »

Amen Rachel.
I'm in the choir you're preaching to.

Ron
Rachel McCollough
Member of the Ring

WS, :D

Ron, thank you for all of your hard work. You're doing a great job, just like on your whipmaking!

Robby, thank you for taking the time from your very busy schedule to make these lessons. After all those migraines.... Thank you.
Inch by inch.
Ron May

Post by Ron May »

Rachel, I do it because I want to improve and it bodes well if members of WB can handle a whip in a controlled and impressive manner.

Knowing how to crack a whip well helps tell me what to look for when making them and how to improve.

Ron
Rachel McCollough
Member of the Ring

Ron, Exactly. The whole package :)
I can't tell you how much I learned (and still do) about the flight of a good whip by watching the WB DVDs.
To learn to crack properly to feel it instead of having to rely on someone else to crack the whip and me watch it- yep :)
That's definitely a goal! I can tell right away if it's good or not but if I've tried something different or when there's a problem and I'm on the fence about a whip I have to watch someone else crack it.... That tells the tale every time.

That's how important it is if you make several kinds and weights of whips. To continue to improve both whipmaking and whipcracking, Necessary!
Inch by inch.
Sven van Leeuwen

Post by Sven van Leeuwen »

Yes thank you Ron. I know this was only the first 10/10 I joined, but I did follow the previous once a bit.

Also thank you Robby for your time and devotion even in light of your recent condition, that shows karakter and personality. Thanks.

Return to “The 10/10 Challenge”