One on One Swap: For Morten

Jesse Bessette

Post by Jesse Bessette »

I have some busted USB hubs that I could steal the actual plug from.
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates.
-Mark Twain
Morten Aalykke Pedersen

Post by Morten Aalykke Pedersen »

Ron - I will check for the USB - but i did expect a young guy like Brandon to make it wireless
Brandon "Sparky" Lam

Post by Brandon "Sparky" Lam »

I'm sorry, but the wireless functionality requires you to be within 2 metres of your computer for it to work ahahaha

On a more serious note, I'm very happy it arrived!! :D The 3D printed name I should have designed it to be a bit larger, the letters are a little mushed together XD But unfortunately this was back when I didn't have a good heel knot to accommodate the names at the end, finally worked out one though~

I'll definitely roll the whip a bit more, I've been doing it with a slightly wider board, but if I wanted to get some of the more annoying bits I'll start using a smaller edge to get more pressure! ^_^ Will experiment a bit more too, the strand additions do that when I pull tight, so I might have to loosen up my pull for just those bits XD

Thanks Morten, I hope you enjoy this whip!! The swap was quite fun, definitely want to do it again.

Thanks Ron and Rachel!! :D
Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.
Rachel McCollough
Member of the Ring

Post by Rachel McCollough »

Brandon you can tighten as normal and move those added/dropped strands with a fid just before you roll, done :)
Inch by inch.
Ben Varsek

Post by Ben Varsek »

Congratulations Morten and my compliments to your work Brandon !!!

All the best
Ben
Craig Frank

Post by Craig Frank »

Brandon - your handle pattern is really nice. Intricate without looking too busy. Overall it looks like a very well made whip. Congratulations!
If I can't run fast, I'll make slow look impressive.
"By the power of ibuprofen!"
Brandon "Sparky" Lam

Post by Brandon "Sparky" Lam »

Thanks Ben and Craig ^_^

Thanks for the suggestion, Rachel!~
Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Return to “Private whip swap area”