One-on-one swap for Roger

Craig Frank

Post by Craig Frank »

Roger - thank you for the added information. I think that my two tone handle technique may have caused the overlay to shift and rotate at the top due to the extreme weight, causing the gaps and the twist you spoke of. I honestly didn't notice a twist when I shipped it, but the change in transition was obvious at the beginning. I think if I do an off colored handle again I'll need to find a better way of securing the start of the overlay.
If I can't run fast, I'll make slow look impressive.
"By the power of ibuprofen!"
Craig Frank

Post by Craig Frank »

Thank you very much for the video! I appreciate seeing you handle it. Looks like all of that rain was really good for your lawn.
Robby Amper

Post by Robby Amper »

Thanks for the video, Rog! I see how heavy that whip is, and - let me tell you - I looooove it :) When you did the Underhandcrack, it was just an impulse, you gave it and - it went right on. Great work, Craig. And Rog was right - that would be the perfect cup of tea for Robert!

Thank you. Two both of you!

Robby
I have a screwdriver. I am Legend...
Sir Roger Tuson

Post by Sir Roger Tuson »

You're welcome. I'll try and put a bit more video of it action when it's dry enough outside.

Post by Guest »

Wow that looks so heavy, quite the beast! Could be taken as an exercise, yeah?

You mentioned it in the video, I'd love to see Mr. Robert give it a go.

Nice work on a successful swap!
Sir Roger Tuson

I'm planning on sending a few of my own whips up to Robert for critique. I'll slip in Craig's monster along with them.
Robert Gage
C Member

Post by Robert Gage »

Erik Torpström wrote:Wow that looks so heavy, quite the beast! Could be taken as an exercise, yeah?
I like whips for 'exercise! That's not the only kind of whip, or whip-cracking I like; but I find it very satisfying to 'unleash a big beast' and let it do its thing! :)
'Less is often more!'
Matt Henderson

Post by Matt Henderson »

Too right :). I'd love to get the chance to play with that whip, it looks a beast; great job Craig, again.
'Sic Parvis Magna'
Craig Frank

Post by Craig Frank »

Thank you, Robby, Matt, Robert, and Erik.

Roger - so the weird thing that I noticed with this whip in the end is that the transition was still pretty stiff in the orientation that I braided it, but on the back side, not so much. That is probably what is causing it to want to twist in your hand.
Jesse Bessette

Post by Jesse Bessette »

I rewatched the video.

Craig, beautiful job. Those colors are awesome. The idea you had for what it should look like really shines through. Its absolutely amazing.

Sir Roger, the way you cracked it was so relaxed, almost effortless. That soeaks volumes for both the quality of the whip, as well as your own skill.
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates.
-Mark Twain
Sir Roger Tuson

Thanks Jesse. I want my whip throwing to be effortless. I don't like muscling a whip.

Return to “Private whip swap area”