Re: Please post your donation... HERE!

Beatiful donations! And thank you!

Mark, that transition knot is a 7Bx6L variant I used from the Turks Head Cook Book Vol I. There's a whole section of variants on the standard weaves which I like to use for transitions.

Think for yourself, act for everyone.

Looks great! Cappuccino is a fitting name wink But the colours also remind me of a reptile. I have no clue how a rattlesnake actually looks like but somehow that was my first thought when seeing the photos.

I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.

I HATE that I can't put my name into the lottery pool... So much great whips. So many great prizes.
Thank you. Thanks to all of you! I hope we will make a great donation to the dog shelter!

Robby

I have a screwdriver. I am Legend...

Wolfgang, they look exactly like this.
https://i.imgur.com/JJ6EWHl.jpg
This is a Western Diamondback Rattlesnake I photographed a couple of years ago at Lake Meredith on one of my hikes. I set a personal record for the standing backward long jump and then took this photo with a very long lens.

Hey! Let's be careful out there."

Eeeek!  tongue

'Less is often more!'

Mark...you’re the official hero animal photographer, seriously! Where is the thumbsup smiley?! smile

Roger, I really like the look of this whip - very nicely done!

I'll give it a try, Dad, but it's going to be really hard...kind of like trying to saw something in half using a banana.

8’ 6” 16 plait single belly with twisted taper core in Rust with Midnight Blue accent. 
Hormigo 15” handshaped handle. 
https://i.imgur.com/Zk0Cvi4.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/JfhCkDy.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/AntyH0P.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/MgXXTsN.jpg
I’ll see if I can get a video of it in action tomorrow.

Inch by inch.

This is super Rachel.
The colors, the handle, awesome.
I knew that wood would be beautiful.
Someone is going to be a very happy winner.
Thank you for your donation. smile

Ron

I listen to music because punching people in the face is frowned upon.

Thanks, Ron!  I hope so.  Some pup will sure be happy to be fed or helped out, get some extra lovin’!

Inch by inch.

Rachel, that is a seriously gorgeous whip!

Hey! Let's be careful out there."

Mark, thank you!

Inch by inch.

Rachel - it is very difficult for me to comment on a whip, while I am not making them, but the look of this one took my breath. What colors !!!!!!!   
The combination of the handle and the thong is stylish (?). 
8 ft. !!!! mean 9 ft in total including the handle ?  With my limited knowledge about whips this one must be extremely heavy and slow for meditation purposes.

Today is a good day

Thank you, Flemming!  I would consider this a mid-weight but heavier whip, yes. 
The visible plaiting you can see (not counting the portion in the cup) to the twist on the end (not counting the fall)measures 8 feet 6 inches.  That is how I measure a cow whip.  The handle adds another 15 inches, for a total of 117 inches or 9.75 feet, or 2.97 meters.
It is a good middle to light heavy, if that makes sense.

Inch by inch.

Rachel, this is beautiful work. Well done!

I'll give it a try, Dad, but it's going to be really hard...kind of like trying to saw something in half using a banana.

Another spectacular whip, looks fantastic!
(I‘d like to win this one...and all of the others as well wink )

Fantastic, Rachel!  (What more can one say?)  smile

'Less is often more!'

Thank y’all!

Inch by inch.

It's amazing to see what that small idea of founding a whip forum has become within 10 years. I mentioned it more often, but I won't stop to repeat it: Whip Basics is the smallest whip group by far. Every Facebook group is bigger than we are. Much bigger.

But only this little group donates year by year to the pups. To the dog shelter. I often hear that others - especially those who don't make it into this group - say that we are arrogant and elitist. If donating for years to a dog shelter means to be arrogant and elitist...well, then we are arrogant and elitist.

I thank everybody who's donating her/his work to the good cause and to all who bought tickets! Okay - we still have members, who did not donate anything nor did they buy a single ticket. What can I do?

So I keep saying thank you from the bottom of my heart to those who did one or another. Or both!

The lottery is in two days. Saturday evening! And we will have a video of the drawing. So...if you like to know if you won - or what - just watch the vid smile And if you did not win - remember. The whole lottery is to give money to our furry friends. To buy food or pay for surgeries. For the doggies.

One, two, three...woff!

Robby

I have a screwdriver. I am Legend...