Re: Another prototype!

I think these prototypes are ready.

The craker is working very well. Today i craked one more flyffy part to oblivion and the thiker part is still going. It has some fraying but that can be fixed with a lighter, thats 5 fluffies in total.
https://i.imgur.com/T3jRxO0.jpg

The fall is doing fine, i may even try to wax them later.

https://youtu.be/KUWkVcD8JqA

Here i'm using the cracker and fall with stock whip and my longer bull. I try to take better video some day, it is a bit dark already.

That's working out pretty well, Jyri. Good job

"Always be on the lookout for the presence of wonder." -E. B. White

Impressive, Jyri! (And nice slow cracking, too!)

'Less is often more!'

That looks really good Jyri. I appreciate your experimenting. Is the fall made from 275 cord?

Thanks !

Nathan yes it is. Core is one gutted strand and "overlay" is 6 plat.

Very nice smile What length is the stockwhip you are testing on in the first minute?

“Trust your own instinct. Your mistakes might as well be your own, instead of someone else’s.” ~Billy Wilder

Collin, you've caused me to look again. I'd guess it's a 6 or 6.5 foot thong.

But what I really notice is (from 0.29, when Jyri turns to face the camera) the elegant way he stops at the 3 o'clock position, and lets the thong roll out. When I've tried to introduce people to whip-cracking, I've found that getting them to pause like this, and just wait for the crack to happen is the hardest thing of all.

Well done, Jyri!  smile

'Less is often more!'

Robert, I agree completely on your analysis. Maybe that's why I'm curious, as it seems longer than what it might actually be since he has such a fluid way of transferring the energy.

“Trust your own instinct. Your mistakes might as well be your own, instead of someone else’s.” ~Billy Wilder

Jyri, I love the way the thong of the whip contrasted with the light sky in the background. I don't know if the effect was intentional or not, but it really helps to visualize the motion of the whip.

I'll give it a try, Dad, but it's going to be really hard...kind of like trying to saw something in half using a banana.

Thank you!

Collin it is 5,5ft thong and 20inch handle.

With long whips i just love how the loop travels with the whip. Trying to do it as slow as possible is much harder than just making fast routines. Very good practise for whip orientation as well.

Very nice and smooth!

Love the background.  I miss it!

Here's wishing you find time for the things you want to do, and for the things you need to do.
We see ourselves in our children and hope for a better future.

Jyri how did you finish the cracker end of the fall?

I did some twisted taper there and melted the cords together. Then i opened them a little and putted the craker thru. I was skeptical if it would hold but it has been quite good.

Thanks Jyri for answering my question, and for sharing this whole idea. I gave it a shot and am very pleased with the results. It works very well and I love how it looks.

http://i.imgur.com/wixmv2b.jpg

Nice, Nathan.

"Always be on the lookout for the presence of wonder." -E. B. White

You're right, Nathan. That does look cool!

I'll give it a try, Dad, but it's going to be really hard...kind of like trying to saw something in half using a banana.

Thank you Mark and Scott! Instead of a nice white, it is now a lovely shade of green from grass smile

Nathan Mayer wrote:

Thank you Mark and Scott! Instead of a nice white, it is now a lovely shade of green from grass smile

Nathan, that's a very good colour for the 'business end' of any whip!  smile

'Less is often more!'

Well done Nathan!
How it works for you?

Thank you Mr. Robert. It’s color change has finally helped me accept that my whips will not always be as clean as they were when new. I now relate it to a nice pair of seasoned boots. smile

I had put it on a brand new whip, through its first cracks. so today i put on a doubled up cord fall and felt it out. tomorrow i’m going to put the braided fall back on to get a better feel for the differences. I’ll let you know. Thank You Jyri!