Topic: Whip maker Santa came early!

A couple people asked to see some Paracord I was getting. Here is ~12,500 ft and 50lbs. of Paracord! That's a 1000ml nalgene bottle for size reference.  I purchased from a local manufacturer. They refer to them as "mil cut ends" which are basically extra that didn't fit on a finished spool or order. They collect them all and sell to me by the pound when there's enough to justify. My cost breaks down to about 1cent after shopping per foot. I would definitely encourage people, at least in the USA to find local manufacturers and just make a phone call and see what happens! It took me 4 places before one finally had no problem selling some. Smallest lengths are 20 feet and no longer than 100ft. Colors I don't like will be perfect for bellies, and I'll have plenty of options for overlays and knots. I love this hobby :-)
https://i.imgur.com/0mPfGUX.jpg

“Trust your own instinct. Your mistakes might as well be your own, instead of someone else’s.” ~Billy Wilder

Re: Whip maker Santa came early!

wow.

Ron

Yesterday I spotted an albino dalmatian.
It was the least I could do for him.

Nice!

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious."
- Albert Einstein

The place that make Tyler's Wave Lace is within easy driving distance.  I've often though about stopping in.  Maybe I should...

Why did she fall? Her mass distorted space-time to produce the effect we know as gravity...

I am super jealous, the best I can do is black in 1000' spools @ 12¢/foot. Colour is 15.4¢/foot. And all our cord is imported from the states, so no chance of buying direct from manufacturer.

Still, awesome haul, look forwards to seeing what you make with it big_smile

Practice does not actually make perfect; Perfect practice makes perfect.

Colin, what a box of delights! (I hope your fingers are strong: there's a lot of plaiting ahead for you!)

'Less is often more!'

I don't know if there are any manufacturers in the UK but that box certainly makes it worthwhile finding out!

Think for yourself, act for everyone.