Re: The "Making of" Gallery - Roy Partin

An old friend from Florida ordered this last whip. It is an 8 feet 16 plait in electric blue with Stars-N-Stripes keeper cord and fall. The handle is a hefty 18 inches. The brand on the handle is called "Buckhorn Bar"https://i.imgur.com/klluRXc.jpghttps://i.imgur.com/VOETuH0.jpg

He died for me, I'll live for him

Great looking Whip, never seen an komplete electric blue colored whip.

Beautiful whip Roy.
I love the brand on the cup.

Ron

As I have grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Superb, Roy! I hope your friend is pleased!

'Less is often more!'

I love it!  Big and beefy with a handle to match.  That brand looks fantastic on your handle.  Beautiful!

Inch by inch.

Fine work, Roy, as usual.

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

I like that electric blue cord, Roy. The whip looks great!

Yeah, that's awful close, but that's not why I'm so hard done by...

It looks great Roy!

I don‘t know why, but slowly I really start to like those beefy, sturdy and impressive cow whips. I like the feeling they roll out. Once you told it where to go it starts its journey and goes exactly where it should be. Slowly, mighty and powerful.

Just one question. You wrote that the sign is a Buckhorn Bar. It seems that I‘m the only one who has no idea what that means - please, what is a Buckhorn Bar?  smile

Robby

I have a screwdriver. I am Legend...

Hi Robby, it's a cattle brand. The straight line to the left is the bar and the antler shape is the buckhorn (buck horn) on a cow it would be positioned so that the Buckhorn is above the bar.

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Thank you, Mark. Sometimes I understand the words but I don‘t get the meaning. I heard the word „feisty“. No idea. In Germany we have a word, that is „feist“. I thought it is the same. Unfortunately feist in german means fat... You can probably imagine, what misunderstandings those „things“ caused over the years...  smile

Robby

I have a screwdriver. I am Legend...

That really is a nice colour, Roy. Very striking.

Think for yourself, act for everyone.

Thank you all very much.
Robby, Mark described the brand perfectly. A buck antler with the bar under it would be the brand on the cow's hip.
Thank you for that, Mark

Robby Amper wrote:

I don‘t know why, but slowly I really start to like those beefy, sturdy and impressive cow whips. I like the feeling they roll out. Once you told it where to go it starts its journey and goes exactly where it should be. Slowly, mighty and powerful.

Robby, I fell in love with Roy's work at once, as soon as you posted your review of his 10-foot cow whip. As you know, I've now got one of these for myself. I think it's great! It just seems to sing of the Old West!

You've probably discovered by now, but 'feisty' means 'high spirited', 'fiery'.

'Less is often more!'

Every year I get the honor of making a custom whip for a rodeo queen. It's called the Doug Partin Spirit Award. It is named after my father's cousin whom was largely involved in the rodeo. This is one is 8 feet 16 plait in red and teal with a Jatoba handle. The teal cord turned almost black in the wax pot, but I was relieved that it lightened up with a few cracks.https://i.imgur.com/ob0iIGO.jpghttps://i.imgur.com/yHyAEvE.jpg

Very splendid, Roy! Thanks for posting this!  smile

'Less is often more!'

Very cool. I thought it looked more black than teal smile

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious."
- Albert Einstein

Excellent job, Roy.

Very well done Roy.
I like the colour combination - i think the teal turns almost blueish... smile

Run, you clever boy
...and be a Doctor!

That is a big, beefy, beautiful whip!

Inch by inch.