Re: This is the Gallery of "Ben's Custom Whips" - Ben Varsek

Excellent pictures of excellent whips.  I love the double heel knot.

If I can't run fast, I'll make slow look impressive.
"By the power of ibuprofen!"

Ben - I like the 5 ft. snakewhip for the Dog Shelter donation very much.

I think, that with a short fall a Snakewhip would be better than a "The Stick of Death" for use in my Kitchen (we have 2.60 meter to the ceeling).

It's nice to be important, but it's important to be nice (Eddie Cantor 1892-1964)

Thank you very much, Mr. Frank!

Flemming, thank you very much!
A 5 foot Snakewhip (including the fall) might not be short enough for a 2.60 meter ceeling.
The thong (a little over 1.50 meters) plus the "level of your whiphand" (more than 1 meter above the floor) add up to about 2.60 meters (without the fall).
It might work if you are practicing while being seated though.

All the best
Ben

I've played with one of my three foot snakewhips while in a deep front stance. My ceiling is eight foot high, or ~2.4384 meters.

I used to think the brain was the most important organ. Then I thought, look what’s telling me that.

Ethan, I've also been using a 3 foot bullwhip indoors and it worked pretty well for me too!

All the best
Ben

Here's a picture from an older whip build, the theme of the whip is "Stars and Stripes".
It's a 4 foot bullwhip with two plaited bellies (8, 12), a 16 plait overlay, BB core and a double looped, loaded fall.
I've tryed out several combinations of colors for the knots, but in the end, I decided to go for blue knots.
For the weaving of the handle, I've been following this tutorial:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGgH3kUWgI8

If you ever want to try this weave, I highly recommend to make this wrap as loosely as you can (this is also being mentioned at the end of the video). Otherwise, weaving in the last couple of strands will be very, very difficult. Tightening the strands after the weave is complete will also create a more even pattern.

The quality of this picture isn't very good and I'll try to take better pictures in order to post them here.

https://i.imgur.com/aVscVzm.jpg

All the best
Ben

Impressive work Ben.
The thong is straight as an arrow.
Nicely done.

Ron

When you can say, " That was close." you're doing ok.

Thank's Ron!

All the best
Ben

Ooh that's a cute handle! I gotta start doing this, it looks amazing fun~
Nice job Ben!

Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Great whip Ben!

Ben, the pattern open that handle looks great.  My first thought was snowflakes, instead of stars, probably because I've been seeing so many snowflakes lately!

Common sense is now so uncommon that it should be officially reclassified as a super power...

Great job Ben! I know the triaxal weave is a challenge, it has been on my to-do list for awhile, I'm planning on attempting it on my next bullwhip.

I used to think the brain was the most important organ. Then I thought, look what’s telling me that.

Thank your very much, Sparky, Jyri, Scott and Ethan!

Scott, the first thought/impression is very good indicator to see if a theme of a whip has been nailed!
I must admit that this whip doesn't look as "Star and Stripish" as I thought it would turn out!
Going for a certain theme usualy involves making compromises when it comes to the design. This handle pattern is also a compromise since the stars have six points instead of five, there are only two visible stripes on the thong instead of 13, and so on.
I have a lot to learn about themed designs!

All the best
Ben

Ben, I think the spirit of the theme was carried off very well.
A direct, accurate depiction is not possible unless you spray paint it.

Ron

When you can say, " That was close." you're doing ok.

I think it's really nice, Ben.  I got it right away.

If you fall, I'll be there.
                            ~Floor

Ben, I love this whip.  You should be proud of it. 
It is great work.

Inch by inch.

Thank y'all very much for your kind words smile !

All the best
Ben