Re: Next Video

I'll be posting a new video tomorrow on my progress so far. Let's hope there's some improvement.

Sven

"Go and tell your master that we have been charged by God with a sacred quest. If he will give us food and shelter for the night, he can join us in our quest for the Holy Grail!"
"Well, I'll ask him, but I don't think he'll be very keen. Uh, he's already got one, you see."

Nice one Sven smile
It's nice to see some videos from people participating in this challenge.

Sven - you're doing pretty good. And when you follow through, it will be even better smile  I mean - you bring the whip down in front of you and then you suddenly stop. No need to stop. Just follow through and everything will be easier and more fluent.

Thanks for the video, by the way!

Robby

I have a screwdriver. I am Legend...

Thank you Russel.

Robby, I re-watched the video and yes, I see what you mean. I'll pay attention to following the motion through.
Thank you.

Sven

"Go and tell your master that we have been charged by God with a sacred quest. If he will give us food and shelter for the night, he can join us in our quest for the Holy Grail!"
"Well, I'll ask him, but I don't think he'll be very keen. Uh, he's already got one, you see."

I know these are a bit of troubling times and I do symphatize and hope we get through this,  but I also like to continue practicing.

Here's todays video, sorry for the cracks.

https://youtu.be/kMNvdm-7_W4

Sven

That looks pretty relax, Sven! And your neighbours must be used to this!  smile

'Less is often more!'

Congratulations, Sven - that is way better thzan the last one. More fluid, more one element.
Well done, Sir  smile

Robby

Sven, very well done.
I have to remind myself that when I'm practicing on wet grass that there is a good chance the fall and cracker will start to gain moisture and weigh more.
If the fall is waxed maybe not so much, but adjustments might need to be made to the throw to help compensate for the additional weight.
Good job.

Ron

I listen to music because punching people in the face is frowned upon.

Good job Sven smile

Thank you Mr. Robert, Robby, Ron and Geoffrey.

Mr Robert, I have neighbours on both sides and I know one of them (an older couple) don't like the whip cracking. At least that's the feeling I get.
I try not to bother them too much.

Robby, yes you are right sir. smile. It also feels more relaxed.

Ron, that's so true, I just love the little puffs of mist when the whip cracks. smile

Sven

Well done, Sven. That was a huge improvement over the previous video.

I'll give it a try, Dad, but it's going to be really hard...kind of like trying to saw something in half using a banana.

Sven, your improvement is very impressive,I like how fluid, effordless and relaxed you are handeling your whip -  my compliments to you!

All the best
Ben

Thank you Scott and Ben for your nice words.
That gives me a boost. smile

Sven

I like it Sven, you look relaxed and pretty composed too
Good work smile

Good luck Ben!

Thank you Russell.

Sven

Thank's Geoffrey smile !

All the best
Ben

Robby, I hope there will be more exercises to do like this.
I'm beginning to become thirsty for more knoweledge. Keep them coming please smile

I will do my best, Russell smile

Robby

Excellent, thank you smile

Far from mastering it but I feel like I've learned so much from the 9-crack combo already. (Lesson I & II)
In the style of your finesse with whipcracking came the finesse of your teachings, the realisation of the importance of the swiveling handle and establishing when it's needed was quite a revelation for me.  Probably came better late than never lol
I also liked the changeovers smile
Have a good one