Re: Next Video

Thank's Robert!
I've already been there and posted the results in the roll call section. A surgery will be the next step but I don't see that as a bad thing - a surgery might even help to improve the overall condition of my knee (compared to the last three years).
The reason why I haven't considered a surgery so far was because the doctors recommended me to avoid getting a knee surgery. That was before the latest medical evidence (magnetic resonance imaging), now they all agree that a surgery is needed.

All the best
Ben

Ben, it will finally give you some relief from the pain, and that's good news.

I spoke to my therapist friend, yesterday and I told her what was going on with my shoulder. I told her what I was doing as self therapy. She watched my movements and felt my shoulder and said that in her professional opinion I should be about ready to get back to crackin' in about 3 to 4 weeks. She wants to see me then to re-evaluate at that time.

Oh, and she wants me to build her a whip in the future. smile

Ron

Amazon has just been approved for drone delivery.
We now have skeet shooting with prizes.

That's exactly the way I see it Ron smile!

Those are great news about you shouders and the whiporder is the cherry on the cake smile !
A whip might not "only" be intersting for your therapist friend as a hobby - Robby once had a video where he had mentioned that whipcracking with a small lightweighted whip got recomended to him by his therapist/doctor. I realy like the idea of a whip as a "therapy tool"!

All the best
Ben

Did anyone in this forum practice that? Jessie reminded me that I was late with the next video.
But when I see this, I can take much more time until I do the next one. Right?

Robby

I have a screwdriver. I am Legend...

Robby, I fear you are right. Alas!

'Less is often more!'

Robby, so far I have only been practicing this new excercise with the "stick of death" sad
I had planned to have a practice session (and shoot a video of it) yesterday but my knee had other plans.
I'll shoot (and upload) a video as soon as I'm able to have a real practice session again!

All the best
Ben

There are a number of participants that are experiencing physical difficulties.
I still have about 3 more weeks, then I will start again.
I do hope that these continue. It would be a shame to stop them for reasons beyond our control.

Ron

I know that some of you have health issues. And I'm not talking about those folks. Shoulder, knee... No worries.
But I see that this forum has way more members than three or four, right?

Robby

I have a screwdriver. I am Legend...

Yes it sure does.

Inch by inch.

I haven't practiced it yet. I'm sorry about that. I will, however, practice it and upload a video accordingly.
I do appreciate the time and effort you put into this, Robby and I'll make sure to start practicing sooner next time.

Sven

"Go and tell your master that we have been charged by God with a sacred quest. If he will give us food and shelter for the night, he can join us in our quest for the Holy Grail!"
"Well, I'll ask him, but I don't think he'll be very keen. Uh, he's already got one, you see."

I just did an hour today.  Yesterday I did really well, today the whip keeps turning in slightly and wrapping around my arm or hitting me after the change.  I moved on to another crack for the second half because I get frustertated and angry and that simply isn't meditative at all.  Besides, the transition into a zebra hurts like 1000 bitches. 

Just a warning to everyone planning on attending the meet and greet:  Robby and I think alike in a lot of ways and I think I can safely say, when training day comes around, Robby go with the 20/20 training first thing, and will want to see how the attendees are doing.  Just saying, if you want to avoid that look, it might be worth a few minutes.

Due to rising costs, dirty deeds are no longer done dirt cheap. 
                                                                                    ~Management

Jessie, I feel pretty certain I won't be able to avoid 'that look', whatever I do! (That's because Robby knows - and I know that Robby knows - that I could do a lot better. So I don't mind. If I could just find a good place to practise that's easy to get to....)

'Less is often more!'

I know.  Keep looking.  I'm sure there is a spot nearby somewhere...

~Management

I don't like to complain when I'm ill, But I just now tried to do some practicing, but I'm not feeling well enough.

I hope tomorrow wil be better.

Sven

"Go and tell your master that we have been charged by God with a sacred quest. If he will give us food and shelter for the night, he can join us in our quest for the Holy Grail!"
"Well, I'll ask him, but I don't think he'll be very keen. Uh, he's already got one, you see."

You practiced though.  That's awesome of you.  smile

~Management

You did try.
Good job.

Ron

Is anyone else beating themselves up today?  How are you dealing with that?

~Management

I used to self medicate with "crack", but it will have to wait a couple of weeks.
Now, it's coffee and lots of it.

Ron

I went back out this afternoon and things went better than this morning.  For the record, I like to do the exercises with music.  2 reasons:  I don't worry about making a crack as much as doing the motion and 2, it just seems to be more enjoyable and isolating.  After doing my duty, I played around with an underhand flick into a victorian cutback.  Then I did it with a 180 degree turn.  That was kind of neat, so then I tried it again, but this time came out of the cutback into the second half of a figure 8.  Then, did some other stuff that I think is hard that i still suck at, then I did 10 more 20/20's and then I went in the house because the mosquitoes saw that I was in the yard having fun and they are still pissed that I mowed down their breeding grounds.  Don't you wounded warriors forget that your non dominant hand needs to learn the cracks too.

~Management

It sounds like you had a very nice and productive session.
Awesome.

Ron