Re: The Donations

Sony experia z3

A month old LG V20.

Also, its not this thread. Its the one we are supposed to post pictures of our donations in. That one won't open correctly.

Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates.
          -Mark Twain

I don't know what to tell you but what I have already.
It opens fine with my phone or desktop.
You might check your settings restrictions or something like that.

Ron

I fully intend to haunt people when I die.
I have a list. smile

Annnd finally fixed the waxing issue! Took ages with a hairdryer but the fall is now flake free ^_^
Also, the secret's out, Jessie tongue The heel knot has a 3D printed WB logo, hopefully that is visible in the image!~

The whip is a 7ft 20 plait snakewhip (2 bellies), has a diameter of approx 1 inch at the handle! Also has a twisted taper fall and english eye ^_^

Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Also I'm not sure I can post this onto the donations thread, so I'll post here.
Here's a video of me testing the whip! ^_^
https://youtu.be/gd1q0-WbnCA

Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

It seems to behave nicely Brandon! That heel knot looks really good! What knot that is?

Thank you Jyri! It's a pretty damn big heel knot, so it's a 1 pass of a 10B11L Turks head with a pineapple knot interweave smile

It's great to see what all of you are doing - thank you very, very much for your help. And your passion!

Robby

I have a screwdriver. I am Legend...

Brandon, that looks great! The WB logo is a very nice touch!

I'll give it a try, Dad, but it's going to be really hard...kind of like trying to saw something in half using a banana.

Thank you Scott! ^_^ When I heard about the shelter campaign, I knew I wanted to do that logo~

Very nice Sparky and yes, that is a huge heel knot. Why did you decide to go so big?

Think for yourself, act for everyone.

Thanks Sir Roger! Well, the original snakewhip I first made was the one with a super thick core, making the overlay a 20 plait with 2 bellies of 12 and 16 plait. I loved it, so I made it for the donation as well, and the heel knot kinda just....grew with that, because a chunky whip deserves a chunky-ish heel knot! ^_^

I have the overlay about 2/3 done on my donation. I keep going back over it to correct twisting and such, so it is taking a little while. I am hoping to get some pictures before the weekend.

Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates.
          -Mark Twain

Jesse, good luck with your build. It sounds like it's coming along the right way.
The recipient will appreciate that a lot.

Ron

I fully intend to haunt people when I die.
I have a list. smile

With a little luck I will finish my donation whip this week. Decided to try another little "Gator Tail" whip.

He died for me, I'll live for him

OK, after a lot of soul searching, I have decided to withdraw Scrappy from the raffle. Since waxing it's lost all stiffness from the handle area and now the heel knot has loosened and I think it's the foundation at fault. It does crack but takes some work and is just not up to any kind of standard for a raffle prize.

I will now be donating one of my earlier whips, a 7' 6" Bullwhip in Burgundy and Black, the one with vertical cord running up and down the handle. I'll sort a pic for here later on and get some more arty shots asap. It needs a good clean and a new cracker but is a fair whip with a good roll out and cracks with ease.

Think for yourself, act for everyone.

My whip went out to Rachel to be waxed. She got it yesterday, waxed it, and sent it back. I'll post pictures as soon as it gets back to me.

-Mark Twain

Sir Roger, that must be frustrsting but you're doing the right thing.  And as long as you learn something that helps you improve, it wasn't a waste!

Yaprimascharif, Yahasanna Hadisany, elafinas tabachu, Dari chalemy elasin!

Post is up in the official donation thread. I am donating a ten foot whip built with cord in the colors of my pups.

-Mark Twain

It sure looks nice, but please don't be offended when I admire the pups even more!!!  They are SO CUTE!!!

Inch by inch.