Re: The Donations

Great whip Keanu!  I was hoping it was going to be a firefighter theme when you mentioned you needed to set up your pictures.  I love that reflector cord.  That is really cool.

Due to rising costs, dirty deeds are no longer done dirt cheap. 
                                                                                    ~Management

That is a super whip Keanu. smile
The theme was carried out to such detail and it does most certainly tell a story.
Great job.
How does it crack?

Ron

I fully intend to haunt people when I die.
I have a list. smile

Thanks Jessie.

Ron, it cracks pretty well. I was hoping to wax it for that little extra bit. After trying a few test pieces, the cord wouldn't reflect at all, so that idea was trashed. Luckily, the core isn't shot loaded and the handle foundation isn't metal so even if it gets drenched, it won't rust inside. That and the brass could just be polished up again.

Keanu, I love brass with a patina that comes from age and usage.
That too would look cool. Super job.

Ron

I have a list. smile

Scrappy Update:

As mentioned in a Roll Call thread, I have had to strip Scrappy back to the core. It was complete apart from heel knot and wax but I was just not happy with so many aspects. I'd not bound the handle area nearly enough and consequently there was no stiffness to start the loop. I stripped back just the handle and add some more sinew but had to cut a fair few inches from the handle to be able to replait back over. This caused more issues so I decided to junk the whole thing and start again.

A new 6' TT core is made and new first belly on. I'll bind that this afternoon. I've kept the overlay cords so Scrappy will still be scrappy wink

Think for yourself, act for everyone.

Sir Roger Tuson wrote:

... This caused more issues so I decided to junk the whole thing and start again.

Roger, I've found this is sometimes the only way to go, but it often takes a good deal of courage!  smile

'Less is often more!'

Not sure about courage, Robert. I think it's more about me not taking enough care the first time so, maybe penance would be a better word!

It's a pain in the arse, I know that big_smile

Think for yourself, act for everyone.

Roger, in my experience, courage, penance and pains in the arse are all closely related!  smile

'Less is often more!'

The donations thread will not open for me at all. It sucks. Any ideas? Ive restarted my phone, logged out and back in. It just wont open completely. It loads everything up to the line in Keanu's post where he says the Maltese cross. After that, all I get is gray.

Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates.
          -Mark Twain

Jesse, have you tried to "view as web page" or something like that?
You might also try Firefox browser too.

Ron

I have a list. smile

I commend everyone for what you are all doing for this purpose. A worthy cause...

Ill probably have to upload everything through my computer, that's all.

Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates.
          -Mark Twain

Same problem here Jesse!

Jyri, it's odd. Every other thread is completely fine. Just that one isn't working.

-Mark Twain

If you are talking about this thread it works fine for me on my phone.
Change browsers and or "view as web page" .
That might help.

Ron

I have a list. smile

Ron, i use only my phone and i cant see it even if i use computer version of it. Everything else works fine.

I don't know what the problem could be.
Both on my phone and desktop it opens up fine.

Ron

I have a list. smile

Works fine with my phone for what that's worth...

I had the same problem.  It seemed to be tied to the pictures with the fire trucks.

If I can't run fast, I'll make slow look impressive.
"By the power of ibuprofen!"

Just for grins, what phone are you guys using?

I have a list. smile