Re: The Donations

Here's a sneak preview of Scrappy's overlay. Have to say I'm rather please with it - has a kind of rag bag feel...

http://i1064.photobucket.com/albums/u368/DodgetheRog/Mobile%20Uploads/4B70FAB3-9DB8-4180-BA9F-52BB319A7CAD_zpsbrn4ncs3.jpg

http://i1064.photobucket.com/albums/u368/DodgetheRog/Mobile%20Uploads/095A7013-2DB0-447F-B482-5A699A25547D_zpstkryd76s.jpg

Think for yourself, act for everyone.

And you call that "Scrappy"...? I have to say that the design is amazing! I really like it! Wow...

Thank you for that picture, Roger!

Robby

I have a screwdriver. I am Legend...

Sir Roger, that looks reeeeally good! Those colors are spot on!!

I love those patterned Paracord.  I have had my eye on that brown you have going there.  Now I know what it looks like plaited. smile

Due to rising costs, dirty deeds are no longer done dirt cheap. 
                                                                                    ~Management

Yes Sir Roger that looks spectacular! Good eye on the colors and pattern.

He died for me, I'll live for him

Thank you all for those kind words. I must confess it was Kat who finalised the colours and persuaded me to put the red, marigold and pink back in the drawer! wink I am, however, very pleased with the way the pattern worked out. I have about 2.5 ft left to do.

Sir Roger, I really like the design and color combinations.
A word to the wise, let Kat pick out your clothes before you go out in public. smile
(if I weren't for Garanimals I would be lost)

You did a great job in plaiting and she did a great job in the selection.

Ron

I listen to music because punching people in the face is frowned upon.

I've pretty much wasted the whole day. (well not totally wasted the mistakes and flaws have been corrected... mostly)

I've plaited and un-plaited and plaited... lather rinse repeat, about a foot and a half over and over again.

It didn't look right...it had gaps...the strands were at the wrong angle...the top strands were too short and the back too long ..... etc. .

I am not being too critical or doing any better job of plaiting than before with the exception of correcting what I learned by previous whip.

I am taking the same care that I do for all the builds I have done.
But knowing that this whip will go to someone who knows whips and how to handle them and what a quality whip should be like, or make quality whips, is a scary and daunting task.

I wish I was further along with my skills to be assured that the ticket that won this whip gets a comparable quality whip that they would get from any other whip making member.

I know it's all about the dogs and the shelter, but I want the new owner of this child of mine to be happy and proud to have and use it.

Tomorrow is another day to correct flaws and learn. smile

Ron

Ron any of us would be lucky to get your whip!!!  Strength for tomorrow smile

Sir Roger that's a really awesome pattern!!!!!  That is very cool!  It reminds me of some of the artfully handmade patchwork quilts my mom and grandpa made. 
You're really plaiting an innovative whip!  Kat did a fantastic job picking the colors, she deserves an extra whatever she likes that's special!  Really, very very nice, Roger!

Inch by inch.

When the pattern started to show, Kat said the same thing about a 'patchwork' quilt effect. We like it.

I never really gave patterned paracord a try, but after seeing it here, I think I may have to.

Seriously though, it's a cool looking whip.

There are loads of new patterned cords coming available more recently. I got these from www.paracord.eu

They also do a wide range of nano cord. For a future whip I'm considering trying a high thread count handle design using nano and then back to 550 for the thong.

Sir Roger, the overlay of "Scrappy" looks fantastic - my compliment to you and your wife Sir!
A whip with a nano cord handle sounds awesome - can't wait to see it!

Ron, I'm 100% sure that the new owner of your whip will be proud and happy to have and use it!

All the best
Ben

Ben, all I can do is my best at this stage of my building skills.
That's what the recipient will get, my best.
After all it's for the dogs and that makes me happy.

Ron

Sir Roger, thar's awesome!  It would go well with a tweed vest and a pocketwatch smile

Ron, making mistakes you learn from is never a waste of time, that's how literally everyone on the planet gets good at anything. big_smile

Yaprimascharif, Yahasanna Hadisany, elafinas tabachu, Dari chalemy elasin!

Tyler except skydiving. smile

You don't need a parachute to skydive.
You do need one for skydiving twice though.

Ron

Is there an emoticon for laughing really hard with tears....?

Yaprimascharif, Yahasanna Hadisany, elafinas tabachu, Dari chalemy elasin!

Haaaaa!!!!!

Inch by inch.

I finished the handle part of the dog shelter whip.  The core and first belly is done and bound.  Just waiting for the handle to dry and I can epoxy the thong in.  I have some small scale wood burning on there, so I'm kind of glad it came out as nice as it did.  I'll post pictures when it's finished.

Due to rising costs, dirty deeds are no longer done dirt cheap. 
                                                                                    ~Management

Can't wait for the big reveal, way to go!!!

Inch by inch.