Re: The Donations

Count me in on a whip. Not sure what it will be yet, but will design something.

He died for me, I'll live for him

I'm in for a whip, but I won't know the specifics until July, after I get through my show.  If time allows, I may donate some art also, but it's too soon to say for sure.  Definitely a whip though smile

Yaprimascharif, Yahasanna Hadisany, elafinas tabachu, Dari chalemy elasin!

I think it's time for me to step out of the shadows. I'd like to contribute a whip this year. There are a bunch of new designs I have planned. Just gotta figure out which one.

Keanu, that's great news!

'Less is often more!'

I've already described my donation in post #2 in this thread. Here are some photos:

http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b565/delaval497/Snake%205%20ft%20003_zpscp2gpxsq.jpg

http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b565/delaval497/Snake%205%20ft%20004_zpsd8nnoty2.jpg

http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b565/delaval497/Snake%205%20ft%20006_zps8hwrzgwk.jpg

http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b565/delaval497/Snake%205%20ft%20005_zpsbfdbkoax.jpg

'Less is often more!'

Robert, that's  an interesting piece!  Do you find that the extra turksheads effect the action?  When I first started learning, I was making snakewhips that looked similar to this with grapevine service running between two knots up on the thong.

Tyler, the extra turksheads act a bit like a very short handle - so this doesn't behave quite like a 'normal' snakewhip. As I said in my description, 'fixing' various problems with this whip would be a very interesting project. Still, even without that, 'it 'works'!

'Less is often more!'

From what I've read in 'How To Make Whips' (p101-102), this looks like a blacksnake: a heavy snakewhip designed to be reversed and used as a club.

'Sic Parvis Magna'

Matt, that's what I was thinking of too smile

Please count me in on the whip donation - I haven't thought about the specifics yet but I'll post them here soon !!!
Of course I'll buy tickest as well and I'll also add another price !!!

All the best
Ben

Matt, I'm sure you're right: a blacksnake.

'Less is often more!'

Sorry for the lack of communication, but I still plan on making a six foot German flag whip.  I just need to finish my Frankenwhip 2.0 and then I'll get to work.  When do we need to have the donations done by?

If I can't run fast, I'll make slow look impressive.
"By the power of ibuprofen!"

The first of September I think.  I'll have to look at the donations thread when I am on the lappy  tomorrow, or you can look.  The donation whip thread.  smile

Due to rising costs, dirty deeds are no longer done dirt cheap. 
                                                                                    ~Management

I think yes the 3rd of September.

Inch by inch.

Thank you.  I'll get it done before the end of the month.

If I can't run fast, I'll make slow look impressive.
"By the power of ibuprofen!"

"Scrappy" Snake is ready for the overlay. Just arranging colours from my bag of 'bits'. Looks like two shades of blue, some 'rust' and silver hmm  The lengths are cut, I just need to decide the ordering of colours.

Think for yourself, act for everyone.

Well Friends, I've counted no less than 13 whips that have been stated they would like to donate, that's GREAT!!!!! 
That's not a small pot!

Inch by inch.

Once the donation whips are completed, where should we post pictures/descriptions of them?

Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

This thread says the donations-
But maybe our admins would like to open one thread for just photos and descriptions of prizes so there is no jumbled content? 

Just a "Prizes" and a simple "$5 per ticket gets you a chance to win one of these, winner responsible for shipping costs"?

Inch by inch.

Yeah, that's why I was asking, I didn't want to derail this thread or just make it confusing with pictures.

Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.