Re: The underhand crack 3/28/2017 to 4/6/2017

Russel, don't forget the "stick of death".
It can be used anytime.

This afternoon's practice was a better one. After the step backward it appears that two steps forward have been made.
Care to dance?

Ron

When you're choreographing your life, sometimes you have to dance with the music you're given.

Russell, I take it you weren't actually hurt by the cyclone. (Nasty things!)

Ron, you write, 'After the step backward it appears that two steps forward have been made.' Isn't that often the way?  smile

Mr. Robert, it sure seems to be the way it goes, with a lot of things.

Ron

When you're choreographing your life, sometimes you have to dance with the music you're given.

Matt, thank you very much for sharing you practice video and congratulations on your progress !!!

Russell, I hope that you and your loved ones are safe and that you'll be able to "cure" the "itchy whip fingers syndrome" soon smile !!!

I've planned to use several whips on todays practice since I'm sometimes struggeling with the right timing after switching whips and I want to change that smile

Happy cracking everyone !!!

All the best
Ben

Cheers Ben smile.

Glad you're okay Rus, hope the weather clears up for you.

'Sic Parvis Magna'

Thanks guys smile we had a little flooding about 75-100mm (3-4) inches outside the front door but everything is OK smile
Ron, I will have to remember the stick of death lol I can see it would be very useful practice.

In vino veritas

I'm glad to hear that everything is okay Russell !!!

All the best
Ben

Thanks Ben smile
The worst affected areas are my hometown, Whakatane and Edgecumbe. They seem to have got smashed!
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/artic … d=11833039
Have a good day everyone.

In vino veritas

Today is the day for the underhand crack.
Here are the videos for comparison.

Day one:
https://youtu.be/m48NQ_1rAPk

Day ten :
https://youtu.be/gGcqEIk2WgY

It's not 100% yet but it's getting there.

Ron

Ron, it certainly is getting there! Well done!

I love that nifty way you swivel the handle after each crack! I've got to try to learn that....

Big improvement there Ron. Much less body movement and you're not holding the handle out at such an angle from your body. Much more consistent cracks too.

One, two, three... "WOOF!"

Here's my day 3 of the Underhand crack. Still struggling...

https://youtu.be/EbLVZet7Fao

Sir Roger, your form is looking much better.
I think I noticed that your wrist is not snapping to the "up" position before you follow the thong back overhead. It appears to be straight. Maybe you are doing that but it's so fast I can't actually see it.

I try to keep the hand a little lagging behind the forearm, keeping the wrist bent back, then at the last second let it catch up with a wrist snap to the up position and then follow through with the thong.

If you have ever plaid golf, it's like keeping the club head a little behind the hands then snapping them forward just at the moment of impact.

Good job. smile

Ron

Roger, Ron's right: your form is looking much better - much more relaxed. There's still a slight tendency to 'jerk' the whip forward, and I think you're right that you need more wrist action. You might try shifting your whole body slightly forward on the left leg as you pull the whip forward from behind. I don't know if that would help or not; but it's definitely getting better, even if you can't see it!  smile

Thanks guys. I understand what you're saying. I'll have another look at the video and try again tomorrow.