Topic: Figure 8 combinations 2/14/2017 to 2/24/2017

Here's where we will use the both the "fast figure 8" and the "slow figure 8" in combinations of our own choosing.

Like underhand to "slow 8" to "circus crack" to "fast figure eight"...etc.
I am going to pick one combination, like mentioned above, and work on just that one.
The combinations that can be used are only limited by your imagination and skill level, so do what you feel comfortable with and just go for it.

We will all help each other where we can.

Happy crackin' ! smile

Ron

When you're choreographing your life, sometimes you have to dance with the music you're given.

Re: Figure 8 combinations 2/14/2017 to 2/24/2017

This one should be fun smile

In vino veritas

Absolutely Russel.

Just a good explanation of what cracks you are combining with what figure 8(s) and it will be awesome.

Your figure 8s , both types, are really good from what I can tell and you should have no problem having some great fun with this one. smile

That's the key..... learn and have fun doing so.

Ron

When you're choreographing your life, sometimes you have to dance with the music you're given.

Sounds like a very much fun challenge smile !!!

I haven't recovered from my flu yet - in other words: another day of stickpractice for me.

Happy crackin' everyone !!!
Ben

Ben, just take it easy and take care of your health.
Practice whether with whip or stick when you feel up to it. smile

Ron

OK Mr Ron as soon as I get home  I'm going to watch a couple videos to make sure that I'm on the same page as everyone. It maybe after dark but I have some outside lights and I am looking forward to some  stress relieving cracking.

Johnny, videos are not "absolutely" needed because there might be some who don't have the recording ability or equipment. But videos are appreciated.

If anyone can't record, don't let that stop you from joining the challenge.
Just give a written report of your successes or any problems you might be having.
A video just makes it easier for the rest to visually see what you are doing right and wrong.

Ron

This is for day 1.
Started the recording with a random combo to overhead crack.

Underhand to circus crack to slow figure 8 to fast figure 8 to circus crack. (mostly)

The slow figure 8 doesn't seem to be brought up high enough behind me. It's almost like a slow "fast figure 8" in my movements.
I will work on that.

(don't watch the whip, Ron)

https://youtu.be/tRv2ObwUTg0

Ron

Nice combo Ron. Very fluid and smooth. Good stuff and i've got some ideas for a combo too.
I might have trouble tonight though, my camera woman will be busy at her gymnastics class lol

In vino veritas

Thanks Russel. smile
Still a lot to fix though.

I am going to mix it up with a couple of days on this combo, and a couple of days on another... etc. .

Ron

She's a hard road becoming the perfect whip-cracker Ron.  I have plenty to work on too. 
Thank you for your dedication to uploading your videos, and continued correspondence.

It's appreciated and motivating!

Take care mate,

Russell.

In vino veritas

I got home as it was starting to rain I was able to get a few cracks in before it started coming down too hard. I was just trying the same cracks as you were. My week point is the reverse cattlemen Crack I'm going to have to put some time in to consistent on the reverses.  Yours looked good to me Ron and it helped to watch you to see what I was doing wrong.

I'm having trouble getting the second crack of the FF8 consistently, when it's light enough for me to take a video Robert will undoubtedly tell me to keep my arm and whip in a straight line tongue.

'Sic Parvis Magna'

Today's practice was the same combo as yesterday.
I am trying to bring my arm higher in the "reverse circus crack" part of the slow figure 8 and I am having some success. Doing so also sets up the fast 8 or the forward circus crack very well and makes it easier than the way I was doing it before.

Ron

Started out struggling to get the reverse cattlemans crack in the slow figure 8 for 10 min or so. Took a break and watched a few videos and tried again and was getting it crack consistantly but it wasn't a crisp crack and it didn't feel like I was doing it quite right. It just felt unnatural. I know the more I do it the more muscle memory that I will get so I'm gonna watch a few of the videos again and try to make sure my form is to far off and put some more time in tomorrow.

I'm still feeling out what I want to do with a combo.  After watching myself i'm seriously contemplating keeping it simple.

Here's a clip with some initial attempts.  I'm going to practice a lot more lol

https://youtu.be/gXZO9i3wuCw

In vino veritas

ugh I really need to work on the downward stroke of "The Robby Flash"

In vino veritas

Nice job Russel. I love the little bits of water spray vapor at the crack.
I'm not sure what the "Robby Flash" is.
Perhaps a little less power if that whip will allow. It looks like a fairly long one.
You are making progress.

Ron

Nice job Russell.

Good stuff Russell, cracking in the wet is always fun smile.

Practice today was decent, the second crack is coming on and off. I just need to concentrate on forming the loop.

'Sic Parvis Magna'