Re: This is the Gallery of "Sui Generis Whips" - Jessie Edwards

Love that concho. Plain and simple, nice. Handle is gorgeous as I'm coming to expect from you.

Think for yourself, act for everyone.

Jessie, I found that cord that comes with out the strings like 650 is harder to do this with than the cord that comes with the strings like 550.
I think it's because the weave in the 550 is looser and more forgiving than that of the 650.
The coyote brown I am currently using for bellies and falls is really easy to insert bead chain and BBs into.
I did find some bead chain smaller than what you can buy at Home Depot.
I chose #3 which is 3/32" or .093" in dia.
BBs are .170" which would be about the size of the #10 bead chain.
https://www.ballchain.com/chain_sizes.html
It's reasonable in price and it works well for me.

Ron

I listen to music because punching people in the face is frowned upon.

Thanks.  I have the #3 ball chain.  I also have 550 paracord with strands in it, but it won't match the whip.  I want matchy matchy.  sad  I'm just going to work this whip a bit and it might straighten out.  If not, I guess the fall will be black and weighted.

Due to rising costs, dirty deeds are no longer done dirt cheap. 
                                                                                    ~Management

Another beautifully unique whip!  Way to go, WS!  Better and better every time!

Inch by inch.

I'm a huge fan of geometrical designs, that whip handle is absolutely stunning!
Beautiful whip, Jessie!

Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Jessie, I told you on Facebook, this is a beautiful piece; honestly, it's probably one of my two favorites, both tied for that spot. One is the compass one (I forget that name you gave to it, but I love it) and this one is the second. I love how unique they are.

Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates.
          -Mark Twain

Jessie, it's wonderful to see how these new whips follow each other so quickly. They're great! I particularly like the blue one....

'Less is often more!'

Wow wow wow Jessie. Those whips are so gorgeous. They're so special and unique.
I really like the handles and how all the different parts of the whip flow into one.

Be-au-ti-full

Sven

"Go and tell your master that we have been charged by God with a sacred quest. If he will give us food and shelter for the night, he can join us in our quest for the Holy Grail!"
"Well, I'll ask him, but I don't think he'll be very keen. Uh, he's already got one, you see."

Excellent big_smile. All of your whips look great, but that one is undoubtedly my favorite so far

'Sic Parvis Magna'

Thank you so much guys smile

~Management

Even when you made your fist couple of whips, all of them had a very high recall value - that very stylish and unique "Jessie look". I've already complimented you on creating your own style so fast - especialy since you are using so many different materials and methods for your handle designs.
Now I want to compliment you on your fast progress and improvement in whipmaking  - every picture shows how fast you are improving on each and every workingstep which is invloved in whipmaking - you can be very, very proud of yourself Jessie !!!

All the best
Ben

Don't know what to name it eh?  Sounds like that's the Trouble with Tribals.  *ducks*  Seriously, that is beautiful Jessie!  Did you ever try the lacing bodkin for making the loaded falls?  It's easier to thread through than a needle.

Yaprimascharif, Yahasanna Hadisany, elafinas tabachu, Dari chalemy elasin!

Tyler big_smile (love it)

Ron

I listen to music because punching people in the face is frowned upon.

Yes, I have Tyler. Oh I also found a gadget that works awesome for replacing double ended falls on a half hitch fall knot situation.  I keep forgetting to show that thing off...

~Management

7 foot Steampunk whip with a hand carved handle over copper, a glass cabochon sits in the heel plaited in midnight blue.  It is unloaded, but still quite heavy.  It's very nice for the 20/20 challenge training.  It's weight forces you to take your time.  It seems to be nice and straight for targets too.  Whip #17.
http://i.imgur.com/qAkx3LV.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/NUEetEa.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/eUNWs7L.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/r1BzIEl.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/vUsQfSK.jpg

~Management

Yes, Jessie that works fine. I think the fact that the thong is a single colour complements the handle decoration really well. The eye is drawn to the handle rather than the thong. I think there's a lot more you can do with this design style, Jessie. Impressive.

Think for yourself, act for everyone.

Thank you smile

~Management

That's absolutely beautiful, well done smile

'Sic Parvis Magna'

It looks great!   I love that color with the handle, it frames it beautifully!

Inch by inch.

Terrific, Jessie! I had my doubts, but they immediately evaporated when I saw the completed whip! I agree with Roger: the elaborate handle benefits from the plain thong. And it looks really 'businesslike' as well as beautiful! Well done!  smile

'Less is often more!'