Re: For Jeff :)

Thanks, Erik, I'm hoping the pattern works out right smile

Inch by inch.

Patience, young Jedi. Patience... The Force is strong in you.

Robby

I have a screwdriver. I am Legend...

Robby I will try!  I certainly feel like a very young Padawan Learner!
Here's where it is:
Note, this is a test plait so it's not tight etc:

Another note: I've tried it every which way I can think of and this seems to be the closest I can get.

12 plait matches.
14 plait on one side matches but on one side does not. 
16 plait matches.

If this is acceptable pattern I will plait and go make a handle as shiny as I possibly can!
http://i1028.photobucket.com/albums/y349/RachelMcCollough/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpspeinxmpn.jpg

Inch by inch.

Rachel, I think that will work out very well.
Let's see what Jeff says.
Good job on your R&D.

Ron

It's ok if you disagree with me.
I can't force you to be right.

Thanks Ron, yes if Jeff says go then we got it goin quick.

Inch by inch.

Rachel, that looks about right.  From a top or bottom perspective it has the "V" shape.  From the sides it is opposing colors.  If this was only 2 colors then the side perspective would match.  Looking good.

Erik,  I would never say no to Finnish treats, except salmiakki.  I've tried it and could never get used to the taste.

Here's wishing you find time for the things you want to do, and for the things you need to do.
We see ourselves in our children and hope for a better future.

Good!  It's a go then, I'll have the overlay done pretty quickly and we will go start shining up that handle.   Great!  I will post another pic of when it's rolled so you can see it clearly.

Inch by inch.

A kg pack of Salmiakki it is then big_smile
Just kidding, but seriously I'd be happy to mail you some stuff. I know you'd love some Fazer blue and Geisha bars!

The whip is coming out nicely I'd say!

Jeff, I am soooooooooo envious.
That is going to be  a super whip.

Ron

Here is the overlay from the sides.  You can see the yellow not meeting on one side in 14 plait.  That was the best knowledge I had.  Wish I could've got it to fully match up......

http://i1028.photobucket.com/albums/y349/RachelMcCollough/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsc0jb0dtd.jpg
http://i1028.photobucket.com/albums/y349/RachelMcCollough/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsmjvpfdov.jpg

Inch by inch.

Looks good to me, Rachel!

'Less is often more!'

You really saw it trough that the plaiting is really straight! Good job, I don't think you have to worry about the 14 plait!

It's only half of the 14pl. The other side looks good.
That's the display side.
Very good job Rachel.

Ron

Thank y'all, I look forward to getting that black handle on it and seeing it then.  Handle make shiny, epoxy, wax, and make some TT falls weighted and not.  Then it's cracker time and finding a box.

Inch by inch.

Looks really nice Rachel.  I can't wait!

Here's wishing you find time for the things you want to do, and for the things you need to do.
We see ourselves in our children and hope for a better future.

Great!!!!  I'm glad you are alright with it, Jeff!  I'm turned in a bit under the weather tonight but I will hopefully get to work on the handle tomorrow.  I look to have it done and in the mail one day next week, depending on when I get back to town. 
You've waited long enough, I will get her to you as quickly as I can!

Inch by inch.

Both the handle and the thong of the whip that you've made for Mr. Roseborough look fantastic Mrs. McCollough !!!

The fact that you are stepping up to correct the injustice which has been caused by another person shows what a great character you have !!!

All the best
Ben

Thanks, Ben, I think the handle will look good with the colors of the whip to

Inch by inch.

Here you go Jeff, I'm putting on the Tung Oil now.  This is close to what it'll look like, though this is still wet.
http://i1028.photobucket.com/albums/y349/RachelMcCollough/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsag8wkdeq.jpg

Inch by inch.

Rachel, beautiful.
Is it painted or stained or natural black?

Ron