Re: For Jeff :)

Then shiny it will be!

Inch by inch.

Tyler I may be paging you for help on this one!

Ok overlay time. 
Get ready, set, go.
http://i1028.photobucket.com/albums/y349/RachelMcCollough/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsdlrmyeul.jpg

Inch by inch.

Oh, boy!
Fasten your seat belts and hold on tight.
YeeeHaaa.

Ron

It's ok if you disagree with me.
I can't force you to be right.

Call it the check mark coral snake????
Instead of the v!
I hope to work the pattern out right in 8-10-12plait.  Any suggestions are welcome!!!!
I reckon it'll all come out in the wash. 
http://i1028.photobucket.com/albums/y349/RachelMcCollough/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpshfxfpygt.jpg

http://i1028.photobucket.com/albums/y349/RachelMcCollough/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpstv0adbpi.jpg

Inch by inch.

That's sure looking good Rachel.
Did you mean to have such a big "eye" in the end?

Ron

Howdy Ron, yes it will be a good bit smaller once it has dyneema served over it.  To keep it from being quite so tight.  I want it a tight fit, but not so tight it's more difficult to change the fall, and I'd like to have a bit more than one layer of serving on it for abrasion resistance.

Inch by inch.

Ah, I see. Good plan Rachel.

Ron

Looking good Rachael.  I can't wait!

Here's wishing you find time for the things you want to do, and for the things you need to do.
We see ourselves in our children and hope for a better future.

Good!  I've tried this pattern 50 ways to Sunday and it remains the same smile

Jeff I'm going to plait this thing on down, take a picture, and you tell me if you would like for me to replait from the top instead.  I've worked it and worked it and the v's still want to look longer on one side. 
I will have you make the call on it if that's ok, as it is your whip!

I think it's something to do with coming from a point and getting wider, not just strand placement.  Not sure.  Any magical answers from our experts are extremely welcome!!

Inch by inch.

Rachel, are you adding doubled strands or single strands?

Ron

Double strand.  It is one strand folded in half.  It's what I read that Tyler uses to add strands when plaiting from the tip, Brian had asked about it and that was where I read it.....

I added as singles and it did the same, and went back to the double.

Inch by inch.

Great work, Rachel. And what makes it even greater, is the fact that you jumped in for someone who left us in a very bad way. You know, all the good things you do come back on you, some day. That reminds me that I wanted to tell you something. If I only could remember what it was. Anyway, it'll come back to my memory when it's time, I guess  smile

Again. Thank you for your selfless help.

Robby

I have a screwdriver. I am Legend...

Thank you, and-
Robby, you're very welcome- I wouldn't be able to have the ability to build this without you, WB, and everybody here.  Jeff deserves it, too. 
Now just what in the world are you up to?!!!!!!!

Inch by inch.

Rachel, "Only the Shadow knows..... Muahahahahahaha". smile

I think you are doing a marvelous job and stepping up to fill a neglected obligation is a great testimony of the type of woman you are. Your kids have a super roll model.

Perhaps the check marks will even out and turn to "Vs" once you get more diameter to plait with.... ?

Ron

ThAnks Ron, ya just never know, Robby is a Man of Mystery wink

I hope, 12 plait is looking good but 14 is flippin me off. 

http://i1028.photobucket.com/albums/y349/RachelMcCollough/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps8zbf7h1x.jpg

Inch by inch.

Rachel, the good news is that it's still pretty straight.
It'll work out I believe.

Ron

I hope smile

Inch by inch.

14 plait should be pretty easy.  Just add in either black or red strands.  When you go from 14 to 16 add the other color.
It looks a little bunched up but I'm thinking that will smooth out with rolling?

Here's wishing you find time for the things you want to do, and for the things you need to do.
We see ourselves in our children and hope for a better future.

Yessir Jeff it's a bit bunched.  It will smooth out with rolling, I've found the hard way to bunch it early when going from a small diameter to larger it better be bunched, or it'll gap.

Inch by inch.

Oh! I didn't realize until now what was the whole idea of this whip! I thought it was an order.
That's awesome of you Rachel to jump in like that.
I'd be totally in for sending Jeff some classic Finnish treats to compensate the wait! I'm sure he won't entirely resist ; )

The whip's coming out real nice. I've never done the coral snake pattern, let alone doing it from the tip down. Cool project!