Re: The 10/10 Challenge

Hi everyone !

I've done my first out of 10 circus crack parctices today and I will upload the video with photobucket and post it into this thread tomorrow.
My problems with the circus crack can be summarised very easy: too little parctice !!!
I still have to think about certain things like looking to the horizon, following through to have the thong located where it had been in the beginnig of the circus crack and so on.

Since my whipcracking skills are a lot lower than those of the other participants I'm probably not much of a helpful advisor but I'll try my best:

Mrs. McCollough, while watching your whipcracking video I've noticed that you are moving the handle of your whip almost to the 9 o'clock position. If I'm not mistaken it's only the thong that's supposed to travel to the 9 o'clock position while the handle is supposed to remain at the 12 o'clock position. This might be a factor in the loop forming a little "to soon".

Those are my two cents on the videos that I've seen. All of the other advice that I could think of has already been posted in previous comments.

My greatest compliments to y'all - y'all have much better whipcracking skills than I do (prepare for a good laugh once you'll see my video smile ) !!!

All the best
Ben

Ben, yessir, you are correct!  I will be more mindful of this next session, thank you!

Inch by inch.

Jessie, did you feel good enough and was the weather good enough to practice today?
I hope your head gets to feeling better. smile

Ron

When you're choreographing your life, sometimes you have to dance with the music you're given.

I finally got in the house.  Like I said in the roll call, I had to get my mom her medicine, which put me in town about 6,, but then they couldn't get her HCTZ to go through and I pissed around with the pharmacy for an hour.  Then, after that, it was stupid of me not to get groceries since town is more than 30 minutes away 1 way.  Then, I got back, unloaded the car, brought that back to mom and had to walk home.  ThT got me here at 9.  Put away food and ran out to crack quietly before curfew.  Yaya tried to take video, but all we got was noise.  So I did only 10 minutes because I feel like absolute shit and I want to curl up and die.  My report is I might have not have done as well as I could have because I just don't feel good.  On the left, I kept whacking myself in the legs on the foreswing and hit my own head once on the down swing.  Its almost 11 and I just took some antiemetics so I can sleep without feeling like the ship is moving.  I'm done.  I fricken did my 10 goddamn minutes.  Thank GOD I don't work until 10 in the morning tomorrow.

I hug the people I hate, so I know how big to dig the hole in the backyard.

Jessie, get some rest and I hope you feel better in the morning.
My left arm feels so awkward like I had never seen a whip before.
I didn't hit myself but it was probably just luck.

Ron

When you're choreographing your life, sometimes you have to dance with the music you're given.

Hope you get to feeling better quick

Inch by inch.

Hey Jessie, do we keep doing the 5 left 5 right cattleman's / circus crack still ?

Ron

Whatever you need to do.

It seemed to be doing me some good switching between right and left so I will continue with that.
This is such a good idea Jessie, thank you for thinking of it. smile

Ron

Jessie, I hope you're feeling better soon !!!

Somehow Photobucket is not accepting the videos that I've made with my camera (quick time video format). It starts to upload the video up to 90% and than it says "error" (I've tryed it several times) sad !!!

I've been following the the instructions on the photobucket site and watched a video on youtube on how to upload a video to photobucket correctly, following each recommended step but it didn't work so far !!!

I'm trying to fix this problem on my own but I would be very thankful if anyone has some helpful advice on this issue.

On the second day of my 10/10 practice I already fealt some progress in terms of whipcracking:
I don't constantly stare at the ground anymore and I don't have to focus to aviod it.
Watching the videos that I've made is very helpful to see what I'm doing wrong like using to much force on my cracks.

All the best
Ben

Good.  Keep trying. Ron might be able to help you.

Ben, you can create a YouTube account and upload them to YouTube and post the link here on WB.

Are you using a camera or your phone?
Either way just download them to your computer then upload to YouTube.

Ron

Hi Ron !!!

I'm using a camera.
If I won't be able to fix my uploading problem with photobucket soon I'll create a YouTube account to upload my videos.

Thank you very much for your help Ron !!!

All the best
Ben

No, problem Ben.
I used to use photobucket but it's just become too unreliable for me.
Plus all the adds that pop up while you are trying to do something bothered me a lot.

I now use "imgur" , but I don't think you can upload videos just photos.

Ron

https://vimeo.com/ is another good alternative.

Thank's Alexander !!!

Is Vimeo more usefriendly than YouTube in your opoinion (I'm a dinosuar when it comes to modern technology and would preffer the easiest most "idiot proove way" to get my videos uploaded) !!!

All the best
Ben

Ben, I don't have much experience uploading-wise for both as I run my own servers. But Vimeo is the second largest platform for videos. I did hear from others that youtube is more userfriendly. Though Vimeo might have better Terms of Service.

I'm still not feeling well.  My heart isn't in it.  Left hand.  It needs work.  My control is shit and I felt like I was working too hard to get it up and over my shoulder. Tomorrow I'll go again.  I practiced all I
On the left today.  https://youtu.be/Giyz1fQUZfE

Jessie, I may have it all wrong but isn't your wrong foot forward?
It's looking better considering you don't feel well.
(where's the camera situated ? Birds eye view smile)

I had to wait for the heat to die down a little.
My video is uploading. smile

Ron

My daughter was holding it.  Yeah.  Your right.  I'm not into it.  Tomorrow