Re: Ben's whip

OK Ben,
My week is back on track. I just finished the thong and now it's time for some handle work.

http://i1341.photobucket.com/albums/o760/47royboy/66D4B51F-BD28-4E34-85E0-A005B6D288C7_zpsgvh7tyvs.jpg

He died for me, I'll live for him

Ha! That looks promising!  smile

'Less is often more!'

Boy howdy Ben, you are going to have some fun with that for sure.
I have a feeling this handle will be special.

Ron

It's ok if you disagree with me.
I can't force you to be right.

WOW !!!

What a beauty smile - again, thank you so much Mr. Partin !!!

Just like I've mentioned in todays roll call - please feel no preasure in completing this whip fast since you're not feeling good at the moment !!!
It's more important that you'll be feeling better soon and I'm a patient person smile !!!

Ron, for the handle Mr. Partin has offered my a huge amount of choices !!!
I have asked him to either burn his name or "Gator Whips" on the handle because I feel very lucky and honored to be the owner of an original Roy Partin Gator Whip !!!

All the best
Ben

That looks slick, Ben you are one very lucky fellow

Inch by inch.

Ben I finished up your whip and made a quick video of a few cracks. I should get it shipped out tomorrow. I am a bit disappointed with this whip. It doesn't pass Robby's roll out test and I don't understand why.

http://youtu.be/RrFGfkyldLs

He died for me, I'll live for him

Roy, that's very puzzling. It looks great, and I'm sure Ben will be delighted - but I can understand your frustration!

'Less is often more!'

It really flows nicely.
You crack it so effortlessly. smile

Ron

It's ok if you disagree with me.
I can't force you to be right.

Dear Mr. Partin,

I'm so excited to recive a whip made by you smile !!!

Don't worry about ANYTHING on this whip - I'm so happy to be the proud owner of an original Gator Whip soon smile !!!

Thank you so much for making this whip for me and thank you very much for making this video !!!

By the way: you've got great cracking skills Mr. Partin !!!

All the best
Ben

Its fun to see the in progress pictures.  smile

I know that's extremely frustrating Roy. 

I hope to watch the video soon.  It sounds like it moves well.  I bet it's a nice looker too

Inch by inch.

Roy, I had talked to Robby about the tests.  My question was the wave test, but I wonder if it applies to any new whip.  Robby said to me that if a brand new, newly waxed whip does not pass the wave, it was okay.  breaking in the whip makes all the difference.  Now, I'm not sure if this applies to the roll out, but in the 6 whips I made, paying particular attention to the last 2; one did, one did not.  Neither passed the wave, yet one of them (#6) Robby had his hands on and cracked and said it was good.  Here's the thing, I have a whip here that was not made by me, that did not pass the roll out test right out of the box.  Now that it has been used for a year, it does. It might be a break in thing.  I would not fret about it too much. 
You are a great whip cracker.  I wish you would chime in on the 10/10 thread.  You are probably plumb full of great advices--especially since, I'll bet you have shown your girls how to crack whips a little.  teaching little ones is way different than teaching adults and leaves you with a wisdom the rest of us don't have.  Yeah?

Due to rising costs, dirty deeds are no longer done dirt cheap. 
                                                                                    ~Management

Roy I got to watch the video and what a great looking whip! 
You did an excellent job as always and I'm dead certain given some break in time this whip will pass the roll out test too.  Looking at the way it flies there is no doubt in my mind on that.

Inch by inch.