Re: This is the Gallery of "Exowhips" - Tyler Blake

While not my favorite type of whip, you certainly make them look good Tyler. My experiments to date haven't been as fruitful.

Nice looking whip. Every time I see that someone has made a stock whip it makes me want to make one too.I didn't have an interest in cow whips, either, until I saw Roy and Rachels' whips. I see sore thumbs in my future.

Thanks Rachel and Mario!  Thanks Devin!  My all time favorite is still the bullwhip, but I like variety and the challenge too smile  Thanks Brandon!  A future of sore thumbs is s good thing!

Yaprimascharif, Yahasanna Hadisany, elafinas tabachu, Dari chalemy elasin!

When TNG aired in Finland, I totally had an elementary school kid crush on Tasha Yar. Okay, I still do.

Gotta say, never been much of a stockwhip fan myself. Never tried one so can't say if it's based on anything else but appearance. Got any more detailed photos of this one? Black is always cool, but it's also difficult to present in a photo.

- Pokkis

I'm afraid I don't- I had time to snap 1 quick photo and then get it shipped.  If you ever get a chance, stockwhips are definitely worth a try.  It's hard to describe, I guess the closest I could come would be to say the don't flow as smooth as bullwhips but they change direction like nobody's business.

That latter part of what you said sounds good to me. Buuut... It would still require me either buying one or making five or more of them to ever wield a decent one. Cracking a stockwhip sounds like something worth trying but those two options come with certain problems.

- Pokkis

Nice!

I've been planning on a stockwhip myself. Never had one, never tried one but I'll have to try and make one : D

You totally should Erik!  Then you and Pokkis can both try it smile  My best advice for anyone who wants to try it is to get the keeper connection between the handle and thong as tight as you can.

Alright, thanks for the tip!

Here is a matched 3' set that's almost done.

http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad343/pacificfirebrush/P2100041_zpsxbergahf.jpg

Why almost?  Because I haven't waxed them yet.  My roaster will be here tomorrow, and then I will take the plunge- er, they will.  It's the first time I've tried this, the customer wanted it and I've been curious about it, so here goes.  This is also the first set I've taken making of pics for that gallery, so I'll have some stuff in there shortly.  Wish me luck!

First time waxing wave lace? How exciting!

Tyler, another outstanding job well done.

Ron

Amazon has just been approved for drone delivery.
We now have skeet shooting with prizes.

Thanks Efren!  Thanks Ron!  I'll definitely post pictures of the aftermath!

Great work, Tyler. Well - as always smile Just the heelknots... They look a bit different to me. Is it just the shadows or did you something on the design?

Robby

I have a screwdriver. I am Legend...

Thanks Robby- it really is great to see you here:)  These are for a guy who saw some other whips I made last year with dacron knots.  I'm getting better at them, these didn't take nearly so long.  They're wavelace knots, and it's a 15 part 14 bight single pass.  I usually do an 7 x 6.

Those shorter whips look interesting. I like the pattterns. I was wondering, is wave lace a type of dacron?

Thanks Brandon!   Dacron is just the dupont name for polyester, it was the weave that was important on the dacron I used to use.  Wavelace is nylon, but with the same dimension and weave pattern as the dacron I used to get.  Plus I can get it in 10 colors instead of 2 smile  I'm expecting my first shipment of red this week, really excited about that!

Tyler is getting RED!!!  I can't wait to see the beauties you make with that!

Those above are beautiful, and good grief, a 15px14b?  WOW is all I can say....

Admiration.

Inch by inch.

Thanks Rachel!  I bought some handles from Roy a while back and I think the goncalo Alves one is getting a red or red and black thong, the customer hasn't made up his mind quite yet- I'm super stoked to use one of Roy's handles too!

What a good looking pair!  I love these.