Re: The Whip Swap 2015 -- Who got what

Thanks Pokkis for the Great Whip Swap of 2015.  It went relatively smoothly and we all learned a few things about International Shipping in the process.

As for me I can't wait to see what you guys come up with.  Personally I would be happy with a couple of Fazer Blue and Geisha bars and some Pommoc.  Oh and throw in some KinderMunat.  For those that need a translation, Fazer is the best chocolate made in Finland, Pommoc is a Scandinavian bottled drink, and KinderMunat are illegal in the United States (can't put toys inside of chocolate eggs)

Here's wishing you find time for the things you want to do, and for the things you need to do.
We see ourselves in our children and hope for a better future.

Yes thanks so much Pokkis on a job very well done!

Thank you for participating smile

- Pokkis

Antti "Pokkis" Mäkinen wrote:

No problem smile

There was work involved, but I enjoyed every moment. I would be happy to do it all over again any time.

And that's true, there's no scenario where this will end without Jeff getting what's his and then some. Actually I have an idea for a decent reward, but I'll ask around before declaring it. Jeff, you just might be getting something pretty unique.

- pokkis

Oh, oh... You say you would be happy to do it all over again any time? Hm. Let me think. 2015 is over. But...isn't there 2016, now?  smile smile smile  Another chance, another whip swap this year! And a great chance for those who weren't involved this time.

But.

There will be nothing before Jeff hasn't his part of the deal. When we call this a community, we have to care for all and everybody around, right? I still don't know what happened to Taylor and I hope he's well. But Pokkis had a great idea on which he has my full support! It's on him to tell you. His idea - his honor.

Robby

I have a screwdriver. I am Legend...

Thank you Pokkis and Robby for making this possible. I'm definitely ready for round two.

If I can't run fast, I'll make slow look impressive.
"By the power of ibuprofen!"

Pokkis idea is brilliant, I am on board

He died for me, I'll live for him

Pokkis will see Jeff gets 'what's coming to him'!  I'm happy to participate.

Inch by inch.

No question I'm in for the 2016 round of swaps! And Pokkis, thank you for administering the last one.

I have to say that while I only make whips for myself, for pleasure as it were, making a whip for one of my friends here at WB allows me to focus on the build to make sure that I don't cut corners or develop a "That'll do..." attitude, which I must confess I have fallen foul to on occasion (especially when it comes to binding).

So, here's to the 2016 Whip Swap, whenever it begins!

Think for yourself, act for everyone.

Thanks Pokkis! It was great fun, will attend again for sure smile We still gotta check each others' whips out we got from The States!

Glad to see another one of these went off fairly smoothly, I have a hard time believing a project like this could go so well elsewhere. Nice whips all around everyone!

Thanks, thanks and thanks again! I've been short on self-esteem for some time now -- which is a national sport around these parts really -- and your acknowledgement really means a lot even if I tend to act otherwise. Just remember that all this has been super fun for me too -- in fact even more fun than the previous swap which was arranged by another member.

Rog, that's most of the fun really. I just love the way people have been so dedicated to their projects and produced their best in the end. And from what I've read from private messages, it's not just beginners who were nervous about their projects. Even the more advanced whipmakers were just that too.

All participants are to thank here. This is not something I could have done on my own, only one of the whips came from my hands. I may have started it, but every single one of you made it happen and don't you forget that. I'm seriously looking forward to both making and receiving my third Whip Swap present. And remember that if (read: when) we do this long enough, one or more of us will receive more than one whip from one participant, and if there's anything cool in the world, it's that little fact. Just go and learn from what you made and received and start planning your next one already. There will be more of this, no question about it. Feel free to go nuts smile

- Pokkis

If the deadline allows me at least a month of my summer vacation to work on it, I'm so in for this years swap. I would only hesisate if I wouldn't have time off from school to work on it, because then I would fear not being able to get it done. I hope I can take part and share my work!

Hi WB Friends:
As mentioned here, post #133,134,135
http://www.whip-basics.com/forum/viewto … 01&p=7
I've offered and will make a whip for Jeff starting right after Sept. 23. 

Now, there are plans that are 1/2-2/3rds on the way to being complete that is for Jeff, and may I suggest that goes on with no change whatsoever- that project has had some stalls as some folks have had to literally move smile

I agree though, this swap should be finished.  Everyone, except one, did an excellent job.  Pokkis has done an excellent job heading this up.
I'm in no way trying to change any previously laid plans, just balance the books (so to speak). 
So, from me, a special build for Jeff coming up.  Starting right after Sept. 23.

Inch by inch.

Thank you, Rachel. I owe you one.

Robby

Thank you, Rachel.

If I can't run fast, I'll make slow look impressive.
"By the power of ibuprofen!"

Robby, I'm glad to do it.  We all owe it to Jeff.  You've done a lot for all of us just having the Forum, I thank you for that, my friend.

Inch by inch.

Howdy, Craig smile
Welcome. 
Handle blank is cut and set aside, ready for the vise.

Inch by inch.

THAT is called community. It is important for everyone that all the members can see that such a thing may fall back for some time. But it is not forgotten.

I thank you, Rachel. It is easy to say "Oh yes, we could do this...we could do that". But to get it done is a total different game. The last post on that subject was at 02.02.2016. Time to finish that project. I already sent a message to Jeff to let him know.

And to set this straight...
Rachel is not only making a whip for Jeff.
Rachel is about to restore the trust in things like a whip swap for the future.

Or did anyone seriously believe that I would allow to have another whip swap in this forum, before this was solved...?

Robby

It is my honor and pleasure.

Inch by inch.

There's not much more to say than that, is there? People can talk shit all they want, but the one I respect is the one who moves on it. This time, that one is Rachel.

I have more respect for the person who corrects a mistake than the person who never makes one.