Re: Chris Castle

Nice Whip Rachel - Gratulation! Chris makes a good Job. Wish you very much fun with that.

Veeeery nice. I hope you get a chance soon to test it out.

Think for yourself, act for everyone.

Thank you both!  I hope to try it out soon too!  Yes Chris did an excellent job!

Chris, I looked at the pictures of Your previous posted whip, and you show a marked improvement, at least to my ametuer eye!  I hope you know that!  It appears that you took the suggestions in that thread and put them into this whip, you really did great!

Inch by inch.

Congrats Rachel.... Wow wow wow what a whip to receive!

Awesome awesome! A really good looking whip. Very clean work, great looking heel knot indeed. Congratulations Rachel and congratulations Chris, that's a great looking whip.

Waiting for that video ; )

Got a video with Lonnie, if it uploads ok I will have it on here shortly!

Inch by inch.

Hey Rachel, you can crack a whip right?
How about you using it?

There's a fine line between a numerator and a denominator.
Only a fraction of people will find this funny.

https://youtu.be/R3TgjjQ0MVU

Here's the video, and I got to say it is really a nice whip.  It is fun to use and beautifully made.  Everything is solid that should be!  The heel knot is sized well and comfortable, not to mention beautiful.  It really is a pleasure to have and use!

Negative:

it stays too wet here this time of year!

Ron yessir I sorta can, and sorta can't!  But I'm practicing!

Lonnie said it was my whip I was supposed to crack it, but he said after 45 minutes of me nagging it wore him down and he decided to just go ahead and do the video...

Funny, I don't remember it quite like that, but I reckon it's perspective wink

Inch by inch.

Yeah, perspective is every thing. smile

Just watched the video and that whip practically cracks it's self !
With such a solid transition it looks like it will break in nicely!
What a beauty.

Wow!  That's fantastic!  And it cracks as loud as a canon!  The transition is incredible. Way better than any of mine.

If I can't run fast, I'll make slow look impressive.
"By the power of ibuprofen!"

Rachel - I cannot tell you how happy I am to see that whip in use. It is beyond measure. Thanks for the nice compliments. Indeed, I have taken many comments from the discussion here to heart. Hopefully it is obvious that Jeff's comments have been very influential on some of the fine points of construction and finishing, since he is the one most often working in Roo, but also a number of our other members. Ron's post about crackers inspired me to send some additional lengths, and  I cannot remember who recommended the braided fishing line for crackers but I thought I would give that a go...sounds like they are working out.

Thank you everyone for all the nice comments. It is indeed an honor to have you all take a critical look at this. Looking forward to more to come.

-C

Super cool! Looks like you'll have some breaking in to do, Rachel smile

Chris, you really did a good job with this one. Keep it up!

- Pokkis

Very nice whip! Excellent job Chris, it's beautiful! You're a lucky lady Rachel!