Re: Whip Nation

So happy it made it safely. Its 12 plait. Enjoy Ron

He died for me, I'll live for him

You better believe it Roy! smile
Thanks for having the contest on WB.

Ron

I ordered a chicken and an egg from Amazon.
I'll let you know.

Congratulations Ron, it's a looker too. Certainly looks like a 12 plait from the photos, the strand passes over 3 under 3 on the handle.

I like the new look for the website since you move it Roy, professional looking and easy to navigate. It also shows up on the bottom of the first page if you search whip nation, and I expect it will get higher as you see more traffic.

Well done for winning the whip Ron.
An 8ft bull whip is a good standard length to master I think.
7 to 8 ft whips are a very good length for learning and practising.
I've not had the pleasure of handling one of his whips, but I have no doubt that Einar makes some fine whips.
That heel-knot looks like a snug fit for the hand.

Thanks Devin, I am very happy with it. Shopify is a much easier platform to work with than Membergate. I also started a store on Ebay and I already started getting traffic from it.

Roy Partin wrote:

I also started a store on Ebay and I already started getting traffic from it.

That's GREAT!!!

Inch by inch.

Roy, this is brilliant! I hope Whip Nation goes from strength to strength....

'Less is often more!'

Very cool whip! I'm super jealous Ron!

Grant, I'm still breaking it in, and I think it's going to take months.
But that's a good thing. smile

Ron

I'll let you know.

I have a request for a WN product. I need to start keeping better notes than just 3x5 cards. I'd love to get a leather bound notebook, 5x7 or 6x8, with an embossed curled whip on the cover and all pages in graph paper.

If I can't run fast, I'll make slow look impressive.
"By the power of ibuprofen!"

Neat idea...

If you fall, I'll be there.
                            ~Floor

Craig, good idea.
I would suggest a ring binder type of closure so you can add or remove pages as needed.

Ron

I'll let you know.

Craig that is really a cool idea!

Inch by inch.

That is a cool idea Craig. I don't know if I can make that happen but I can look into it.

After doing a little research I have found that the prices range from $30 to $200 for this type of notebook and that is before stamping it with a design. I'm not sure if that would be a big seller since most craftsmen pinch every penny that they can. It still is a neat idea though

Roy, I agree.
At the lowest price you found could almost be a 500' spool of cord.
For me it's a ring binder. I can add or remove all the information of what I have found
and done for each whip. I can store all this on my computer but I want a hard copy just in case of a crash.

It is a cool idea though.

Ron

I'll let you know.

What about making your own to sell? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6A1VB99eRo

If you don't mind a 3ring binder, they are available in 5x8" for $7, then 5sq per inch 100 sheets graph paper for $5. 
It would likely be a hand tooled front for the whip picture- you would have to have a leather shop do the cover- which might be fairly reasonable as you can take that slip cover off and just put it on your next binder....

Inch by inch.

Rachel, just like I used to do with paper grocery store bags to cover my school books.
Excellent Idea.

Ron

I'll let you know.

All right, now you guys have done it.  All this talk has got me thinking about bookbinding.  Just what I need, another hobby!  I've spent the entire afternoon watching YouTube videos on bookbinding and feel pretty confident I could actually make a book from scratch.

Its really not all that difficult (at first glance).  Folding, sewing, and gluing the paper for the pages.  Gluing cardstock to leather for the cover, then gluing the book to the cover.

As if I have no time for actual whipmaking anymore...

Here's wishing you find time for the things you want to do, and for the things you need to do.
We see ourselves in our children and hope for a better future.