Re: Rachel McCollough

Rachel, as far as I'm concerned, there is only one legitimate place for the colour pink: in a rose garden! (One of my favourite roses is a repeat-flowering climber called New Dawn - and extremely delicate plant, at its best when climbing up through an old apple tree.)

Thanks, Craig, I may just do that!  If not for this, then soon!

Mr. Robert, glad to see you smile
And, I just knew you were a man of good taste big_smile. I agree, a rose garden is indeed the best place for pink.  I have seen photos of New Dawn, it is beautiful!!!

Inch by inch.

Finally got the core done while in Minnesota and started the first belly,
http://i1028.photobucket.com/albums/y349/RachelMcCollough/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpscs7qbw1o.jpg

Inch by inch.

You go Sis! Need to show Efren your mgic tt maker.

I am interested in the tapered twist.
Would love to know how to do it and the advantages for it.
Looking good Rachel

I heard the other day that Starbucks was going to start selling cocktails along with beer and wine.
They found that it's getting harder and harder to get sober people to pay $12 for a cup of coffee.

Thank you Brother Taylor!  Will do smile

Hey Ron, thanks, the Tapered Twist is not difficult, I think Rhett Kelley has a youtube video on it as an end to a belly at least, and it is the same concept.  You can search for it in the search box, too- and get much better in depth info...
The advantages are in my opinion, a cable-like dense core that is a solid base, and gives the thong a backbone, not stiff though.  And it soaks up lots of wax, evenly distributing weight as it is tapered,.. Loosely quoting Roy Partin, on some of that, there!
I can take some pictures next time I make one.

Inch by inch.

Whee, progress photos!

Tapered twist is an interesting thing, I'm yet to try it myself as a core. There's just one big caveat. Your hands will hate you after just a foot of twisting, at least that's my experience from making tapered artificial sinew crackers with my nerdy carpal tunnel hands tongue

- Pokkis

Thanks Rachel that would be awesome!

Pokkis, that's why they invented power tools.
If there is a lot of twisting a hand drill could come  in handy.

I've heard it works for twisting crackers.

I heard the other day that Starbucks was going to start selling cocktails along with beer and wine.
They found that it's getting harder and harder to get sober people to pay $12 for a cup of coffee.

Rachel, your work looks so nice and crisp!
Pokkis, that's the exact reason why twisting anything fills me with trepidation.
I do have a particular drill which I have experience doing delicate work with, but things like this make me wish I had an extra set of hands. Robot hands.

Rachels invention made me grab my drull and go for it. I can do a tt core in about ten min now. Love em. Rachels points above are why I dig it. And the Roy whip I have with a tt ending to the overlay set me on the path of doing that as well. Try it , youll like it!

Love it!  Where in Minnesota?  My wife's from Mankato.

If I can't run fast, I'll make slow look impressive.
"By the power of ibuprofen!"

Hi Craig!  Sebeka, about 3.5 hour northwest of the cities and 2 hours straight east from Fargo, Nd.  Somewhere up in the freezer box smile wink
I was born and raised there, about 45 min. South of the headwaters of the mississipi river
Mankato is a nice place!  Except when it's cold!

Inch by inch.

Second belly
http://i1028.photobucket.com/albums/y349/RachelMcCollough/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpssg2cdyem.jpg

Inch by inch.

Rachel, that looks magnificently straight - and very even. Well done!

Rachel, that looks very straight!
I've never seen how a cow whip was made so thanks for the build photos.

Thank you Mr. Robert!
Thanks Ron, though Do Not take my build photos as anything more than what has so far worked for me smile. Everything I know came from WB, but I'm sure no high authority on cow whips wink

Inch by inch.

Efren, thank you!  You do a very nice job, so I take that as a high compliment!
Pokkis you're right about the sore hands if doing that by hand.  No way could I do that at all. 

My husband took a little video over my shoulder.  I thought he was just watching, that sneak!
Anyway here's the start:
Unless I undo the whole thing and put pink and green on there:
https://youtu.be/_anaEw33t3c

Inch by inch.

Rachel, no wonder your whips turn out so nice.
All the care and attention to pulling tight and plaiting loose, awesome!
Now I know how it's done, thank you for sharing your video.

It's not so much work a few inches down, but to set it up straight (for me, anyway) it is better to take a bit more time to get it right and tight on the first 3-4 inches or there will be gaps.  On down its just pull, plait smile
Not much make you more wound up than get two feet down and turn over and see a pretty gap 3 inch from the top....
Did that already.... big_smile

Inch by inch.

Rachel, or almost finished with the belly and see the gap then. *note to self, check back more often*
Been there done that.