Re: Don de Swardt

Ha ha Jessie. I worked in Zim for 8 months.  Was earning 2 billion a month at that stage.

Absolutely Roger, only hope that person will forgive the inconvenience

https://bjays.files.wordpress.com/2008/01/one-billion-dollars-austin-powers-above-the-law-blog.jpg

Sorry... I just couldn't help myself tongue

It really sucks big time how a continent as rich as Africa can be so "poor" when world economy is involved. Of course there are reasons for that, but they are all purely political and so annoying that I'm not even comfortable discussing them.

- Pokkis

Ha ha nearly ejected my tea from my nose...

I agree Pokkis the forums isn't big enough for that discussion

The eagle has left the nest... Aka package sent! Finally

Exciting times, Donovan!

Inch by inch.

Donovan, some are wondering ," Is it me?"
We will soon find out. Rachel's right. Exciting times.

I fully intend to haunt people when I die.
I have a list. smile

Please Christmas present. big_smile

If I can't run fast, I'll make slow look impressive.
"By the power of ibuprofen!"

Thanks all... Trust me none more excited than me. Now I'm holding thumbs our disfunctional postal service doesn't go on strike again

That must be a huge relief Donovan. I pray it makes it to the destination safe and sound

He died for me, I'll live for him

Hehehe, I miss Africa for so very many reasons, but every now and then I'm reminded of one thing or another that I don't miss at all.

Don, I feel your pain boet, but it makes me chuckle too.

Definitely relieved!

Fritz I know you spent many years here but still nearly fell off  y chair in surprise when I read boet...

hehe, I've been hanging out with some friends from highschool in Zim recently for a few beers and a catch-up, brings back some of the old expressions..

Don,

The dysfunctional postal system worked and the whip arrived this morning. And here it is:

http://i1064.photobucket.com/albums/u368/DodgetheRog/Mobile%20Uploads/1082ADB6-7FBE-44D2-AEE0-141007543678_zpsnwownzkj.jpg

I've had a brief crack with it and it rolls out well, needs a bit of breaking in of course.

I'll update later with more pics and a review. Thank you Don. For a third ever attempt it's pretty good.

Think for yourself, act for everyone.

Congratulations, Roger! Well done, Donovan! (That's a fun photo, too!)  smile

'Less is often more!'

EEEE!  It's like being a kid in a candy store when new toys come in the mail.

Due to rising costs, dirty deeds are no longer done dirt cheap. 
                                                                                    ~Management

Congratulations Roger, and Donovan!  That looks great!  Is this the bullwhip you were talking about putting a 15" handle in?  Nice looking knots!!!!!

Inch by inch.

Alright! Congratulations : ) Great times when everyone gets new candy on the mail smile)

It is a long handle, longer than the ones I use. First impression is that it certainly adds to the overall weight. It's still too damp outside to really have a good crack but I hope to give it some work over the hols.

Think for yourself, act for everyone.

Just before Christmas seemed to be a good deadline smile

Congrats, Rog, and good work, Don! I'm looking forward to seeing this one in action, that's a long handle after all.

- Pokkis

Antti "Pokkis" Mäkinen wrote:

I'm looking forward to seeing this one in action, that's a long handle after all.

- Pokkis

Me too, it should work well I would think.  We use that handle length a lot here- I know the action is different, because that'll be a fixed handle, but it really looks like a nice whip!

Inch by inch.