Re: The Whip Swap 2015 -- list of participants

Dammit Pokkis, you took all my ideas. Sigh...

Hang on! Have you both been looking at my design ideas sad

Think for yourself, act for everyone.

A-ha! I'm glad no one had my idea to make the thong out of anti-materials! Oh and by the way, I just want to make sure that electrical tape counts as 'actual whip material'? Can't wait to make a whip entirely out of electrical tape and oh boy, the lucky one to get it! I even designed it with an empty electrical tape -shell ferrule!

Um.  Yeah...no. 

*giggling*

Due to rising costs, dirty deeds are no longer done dirt cheap. 
                                                                                    ~Management

Hahahaha!!! Now THAT'S what I was looking for wink the enthusiasm I am feeling big_smile
How about duct tape and a baling twine overlay ??! Also known as POLY so my sons informed me!

Inch by inch.

Please refrain from using antimatter for whips. If you make a, say, 200 gram whip out of it and during delivery it gets into contact with regular matter, it will -- regardless of the relatively light weight -- release somewhere around 36 petajoules of energy. As that happens to be the equivalent of a 8.6 megaton nuclear detonation, it is very clear that the post office or your chosen courier service could have a problem with transporting such goods. Also be sure to check the customs regulations for both exporting from your country and importing to the recipient's country. And wear eye protection.

Erik, I've actually been toying with the idea of a whip made entirely from e-tape. And I mean everything of it, fall and cracker included. Too bad that's way too much work for an inside joke tongue

- Pokkis

Well there goes my idea... I guess another parachutist will lose his cords then. I only use authentic, I just hope they notice in time.

Nah, they'll be alright. Just leave a note...

Preferably with " read BEFORE jumping" on the cover.

And Pokkis just officially made my skull area a black hole. Damn dude, you should be hanging w Dr Tyson.

One last name added to the list. Yesterday I got a private message from our newest member Rob, and his contribution will make the number of whips a nice round ten. Now the list is final.

Thank you for signing up, I'll be notifying each of you after the raffle is done. Exciting times smile

- Pokkis

Hyyyype! Thanks Rob for signing in!

Stop. In another thread we have Rob's comment that ET is perfectly okay for him. But neither it is for me nor for the whip swap. Pokkis - until the whole thing is not solved clearly and a 100% it is still nine folks who participate.

I do not accept that some folks give a lot of time and material into making a whip properly and in a high quality standard, and one delivers lowest quality with ET inside. No way. And - no - I'm not sorry.

Robby

I have a screwdriver. I am Legend...

Okay, everything is now on hold for a while.

The way I see it, is that this concerns everyone on that list. When Robby came along on this event -- which is by default a whipmaking event -- with his DVD set, it was on the condition that all other participants were okay with that. The reason for this condition was that all of the participants should be happy with anything they can get and anyone who could give it to them.

Here are two quotes from the rules which we all read, understood and agreed with:

"The material you use is your own choice, as long as it's considered an actual whip material."
"Last but not least, the most important rule: Do your best. Nothing more, nothing less."

My own stance in the e-tape discussion is that it could work as a quick and dirty solution in some cases, but nothing more. So my personal interpretation of those two quotes above is that e-tape is not acceptable.

Now as far as the participant list, this is where everyone can and should state their opinion. Better now than later. I can and will delay the drawing of names if necessary.

- Pokkis

Well since you asked for everybody's opinion, what Robby said, I think it's best to hold it off until we hear from Rob again and that he's cool with the terms.

Gotta say Rob, please reconsider the ETape. It really isn't a good material to use.

I will not use Etape for any reason on a whip I make, I'd really rather not receive a whip with one in it unless it is only to hang on the wall for decorative purposes smile
That's my thinking, but whatever y'all decide overall I will follow.

Inch by inch.

Opposite of what I said earlier, the name list was updated once more. The final name added to it, Rob Hurlbut, was removed. It took some thinking from my part, but I'm sure this is for the best. Now the list contains only people who have contributed and otherwise gained trust from others during their time here.

The decision was made by Robby and myself after some behind the scenes discussion, and I'm sure everyone understands the points. Today is the day of the raffle itself -- and as the date is written in the rules which all of us (including myself) agreed to live with, moving it to another day is not an option -- so this is not the time for long discussions and thinking things over.

Thank you for your interest in this, Rob, but this time you can't participate. Next time is another thing.

- Pokkis

Agreed, Pokkis, thank you!  You're putting time and effort into running this, thank you for that!

Inch by inch.

Great, thanks for making a call!