1 (edited by Antti The Pokkis Mäkinen 31.08.2015 15:08:19)

Topic: The Whip Swap 2015 -- list of participants

This is the list of participants who have signed in so far. The list will be edited daily to keep it as up-to-date as possible.

- Robby
- Pokkis
- Erik The Unpronouncable
- Craig
- Jeff
- Rog
- Chris
- Rachel
- Taylor
- Donovan

The list is now final, and the raffle will be today. I will send everyone the details of their recipients as soon as I can, hopefully everyone will have the info before tomorrow.

The score is nine whips and one DVD set. Thank you all for signing up, now it's time to get crafting smile

- Pokkis

- List was edited on August 20th -- two more names added
- List was edited on August 21st -- two more names added
- List was edited on August 31st -- one more name added
- List was edited on August 31st -- one final change made

Re: The Whip Swap 2015 -- list of participants

If it will help get people involved- I am making a kangaroo leather whip!

Here's wishing you find time for the things you want to do, and for the things you need to do.
We see ourselves in our children and hope for a better future.

The list is still growing, two more names added just now and at least one more is guaranteed to sign up any time.

Keep 'em coming, people smile

- Pokkis

Jeff Roseborough wrote:

If it will help get people involved- I am making a kangaroo leather whip!

Oh, I am SO in for this! wink

Think for yourself, act for everyone.

Hype!

Two more names on the list, including but not limited to the guaranteed name I mentioned earlier.

Still more than a week of time left to sign up. Step right up, don't be shy, show the world what you got and walk away with the results of someone else doing the same! Give yourself a reason to make the best whip you've ever made!

- Pokkis

This is really amazing smile Thank you for all the work, Pokkis - you do a great job!

Robby

I have a screwdriver. I am Legend...

Thank you, Robby. It really is my pleasure, and not much of a trouble really. Actually so far this has mostly been just things I'd be doing anyway. Staring at the screen, pressing buttons, keeping track of what goes where, being trusted with personal information... The only difference being that this time it doesn't include money flowing around and clueless management trying their best to be smarter than the people who were hired just because they were smart tongue

So if this goes all the way to the end without too many explosions along the road, I'll be available for the same in the future too if necessary.

- Pokkis

Pokkis - thank you for this. I would love the chance to see another's whip. However, it's like to apologize up front for whoever gets mine. sad

If I can't run fast, I'll make slow look impressive.
"By the power of ibuprofen!"

Craig, there's really no need for apologies. As the rules said, it's not a whipmaking competition, the only quality requirement is that everyone do their best smile

By the way, did you receive my private message?

- Pokkis

I'm having trouble with messages on my phone. I have to try to get on a computer to read it.

If I can't run fast, I'll make slow look impressive.
"By the power of ibuprofen!"

Craig it's not just you.  I cannot read any PM on my phone- I can send but not open them.  And cannot see anyone's picture next to their name, either. 
    You will do your best and it'll be a nice whip, Craig.  There's a lot of us beginners in here.  No worries, I'd be happy to receive one of your whips.  We will all do our best and learn more!

Inch by inch.

I'm not going to participate this time.  Just too much going on to really put my heart into like I want to.  Next time.

Due to rising costs, dirty deeds are no longer done dirt cheap. 
                                                                                    ~Management

Jeff? A kangaroo hide whip?  Now we all DROOL..... smile. That's a ton of work!

Inch by inch.

Rachel McCollough wrote:

Jeff? A kangaroo hide whip?  Now we all DROOL..... smile. That's a ton of work!

Not really.  If I'm in a groove and all goes well I can make a 10 footer in about 10-12 hours.  I know that is slow compared to more experienced whipmakers.  The hardest, most time consuming task is cutting out and prepping strands. Plaiting is actually pretty quick.

I've already started making it.  It will be around 6 ft long, in light tan kangaroo.  Indy style whip, but not screen accurate or anything.  I already have the steel rod for the handle done and the core/wear-leather attached.  The handle is about 7 1/2" long.  Current length is about 21".  I am taking pictures as I go along and will post them eventually.

Here's wishing you find time for the things you want to do, and for the things you need to do.
We see ourselves in our children and hope for a better future.

Now, that is very exciting, Jeff!!  I am certain we all will be following this closely smile. I haven't made up my mind yet what color, length, etc. yet to do. 
I'm finished with my other whip projects except for a special build, which I've finished the core for.  I look forward to starting on this one, too.
But you've done a most excellent job of whetting everyone's appetite, I think!

Inch by inch.

Yay! Great excitement. I pretty much have the idea of what I'm doing. I'll still let it find it's shape if it wants to. I don't want to reveal too much anything yet though ; )

Ooo Erik you'll have us on the edge of our seat!  Very exciting!

Inch by inch.

Oh I didn't intend to hype it up too much >.< It's nothing special but I just wan to keep it a surprise and the room for change also. All I can tell you now is it's going to be a nylon bullwhip.

I have a lot of ideas, but haven't decided which one to do yet. It depends on who will be the one to get it. All I can say for now is that my whip will have a thong made of materials, most likely a handle too. There will also be a turk's head knot over the heel, unless there is not.

- Pokkis